What did you buy for your G body today? [2016-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have had HID in my GP for over 6 years, with the 4 headlight system it cost me close to $500 for the 2 bi xenon and 2 HID bulbs back then. The only problem I encountered was the cheap plastic conversion lenses. Last year I finally retired one of the original 4 ballasts I bought. The other ballasts died from corrosion. I don't use the plug and play connectors, I cut the headlight connectors off and hard wired the connections so they get a good feed of power. My friend who sells the HID and installs them would not sell them is he had people coming back with warranty issues. The are a few people who seem to have problems but they are the ones who install the HID themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have had HID in my GP for over 6 years, with the 4 headlight system it cost me close to $500 for the 2 bi xenon and 2 HID bulbs back then. The only problem I encountered was the cheap plastic conversion lenses. Last year I finally retired one of the original 4 ballasts I bought. The other ballasts died from corrosion. I don't use the plug and play connectors, I cut the headlight connectors off and hard wired the connections so they get a good feed of power. My friend who sells the HID and installs them would not sell them is he had people coming back with warranty issues. The are a few people who seem to have problems but they are the ones who install the HID themselves.
What are you trying to say :itchy:JK

• Haha

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Are you suggesting that I don't know how to wire up headlight bulbs? Why I oughta.......

:mrgreen:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Are you suggesting that I don't know how to wire up headlight bulbs? Why I oughta.......

:mrgreen:

nope, I said a few people (that sorta leaves you out of the picture....:unsure:) and they would show up saying that the lights don't work or they were broken in the package or they flicker or the ballast doesn't work....some would show up cause they said they have everything wired correctly but the lights don't work and then they will argue when my friend tells them they can't be wired up correctly or they would be working....then they expect him to to work for free to solve their problems. I do my own and don't use the plug and play, I cut off the H4 connectors and soldered the wires together. One thing HID's don't like is an inconsistant power feed, that can blow the ballast or bulb. I also do not use the relay that comes with the kit.

Before I had the HID I had the Sylvania SliverStar which would burn out every 3-4 months. I called and complained and the tech person said she had the same problem with her Honda and told me they are warrantied so just keep changing them

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Another eBay steal for my roach. Piecing together some modular spindles for dirt cheap, got some 2" snouts to be used with some modular aluminum asphalt late model hubs I have.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Another eBay steal for my roach. Piecing together some modular spindles for dirt cheap, got some 2" snouts to be used with some modular aluminum asphalt late model hubs I have.

Speaking of Ebay steals, got those interior door handles for $14.96 for the pair

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Speaking of Ebay steals, got those interior door handles for $14.96 for the pair

I try to do as much car stuff as I can through there anymore, between that, rock auto, and facebook marketplace your dollar can go pretty far

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor