What did you do at work today?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Cute! Dunnage is not, strictly speaking, exclusively the name or term for the bracing used in ship's holds for securing cargo. The term gets used in the transportation industry to describe any type of materials, wooden timbers or studs, heavy plywood, welded braces or spars, or even surplus skids that get used to brace and secure shipments from moving or tipping over, or collapsing. Got to deal with the stuff a lot when working with sea cans of various lengths. For some reason old mattresses were a favorite stuffing material for some shippers.

Nick.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
pagrunt , what happened on 422 today? Someone try tailgating a load of coal dust across the bridge deck?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
pagrunt , what happened on 422 today? Someone try tailgating a load of coal dust across the bridge deck?
Just as we got in for the end of the day we got word of someone literally rolled some coal on 422 & were getting the equalized guys gathered up to clean it up. Supposed to have happened earlier in the afternoon but we were working in a dead cell phone zone near Shelocta & didn't get the call in time.

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Just as we got in for the end of the day we got word of someone literally rolled some coal on 422 & were getting the equalized guys gathered up to clean it up. Supposed to have happened earlier in the afternoon but we were working in a dead cell phone zone near Shelocta & didn't get the call in time.

I drove by it a little after 2pm. Was the bridge deck over Wayne Ave. Something else farther down. I couldn't tell what it was, I got off at 119.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I drove by it a little after 2pm. Was the bridge deck over Wayne Ave. Something else farther down. I couldn't tell what it was, I got off at 119.
Was that on the Bridge To Nowhere on 422? Last winter we had that happen there on the west bound side. Mr. Lyon & I were bringing a truck back from Cresson & we hit a "black out" there. Had to get a pull broom to clean the mess up. Those coal buckets won't call anyone when they dump a load on the road.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Was that on the Bridge To Nowhere on 422? Last winter we had that happen there on the west bound side. Mr. Lyon & I were bringing a truck back from Cresson & we hit a "black out" there. Had to get a pull broom to clean the mess up. Those coal buckets won't call anyone when they dump a load on the road.
Yes, eastbound. There were more flares down around where twolick runs under. Not sure what it was.

They were using a loader to push it. It was pretty deep in spots.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Spent 9 hours translating a German wiring diagram & trying to diagnose & repair a piece of equipment we use to weld plastic. Company is still in business but they no longer offer anything for this particular piece because it's too old . December 1985. Ugh... back at it tomorrow 🤪

20220913_134932.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Spent 9 hours translating a German wiring diagram & trying to diagnose & repair a piece of equipment we use to weld plastic. Company is still in business but they no longer offer anything for this particular piece because it's too old . December 1985. Ugh... back at it tomorrow 🤪

View attachment 206763

This. This makes me hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
About a dozen of us got seconded off to the Fire Center for an all morning seminar on Defensive Driving. Supposedly this counts as work time so there will be a paycheck cut for it................now why do I feel like someone is tugging on my third leg.....?

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor