What did you do at work today?

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Such a mix of components. ABB circuit breakers Siemens PLC looks like Mersen fuse holders and Entrelec terminal blocks. The power supply looks like a copy of a copy of every other PSU out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Such a mix of components. ABB circuit breakers Siemens PLC looks like Mersen fuse holders and Entrelec terminal blocks. The power supply looks like a copy of a copy of every other PSU out there.
Yep. Boss/owner likes what he likes. Minus the fuse blocks. We usually use Allen Bradley but they've been on backorder for ever now and had to come up with something that took the same fuse. McMaster to the rescue LOL

Oh and the terminal blocks are Elmex

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Yep. Boss/owner likes what he likes. Minus the fuse blocks. We usually use Allen Bradley but they've been on backorder for ever now and had to come up with something that took the same fuse. McMaster to the rescue LOL

Oh and the terminal blocks are Elmex
Never dealt with Elmex just Wieland and Entrelec.

The Mersen ATDR fuses for those holders have been unobtainium for us lately. In what world is a fuse a 28+ week lead time. Let alone a 42cct 3ph bolt on panel can be over 100 working days... Sure makes my job un-fun.

Last edited:
  • Agree

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I can, but you better have the winning powerball ticket to be able to afford what I'm going to charge you 🤣
only if it's the same care taken with Crunchy Frog....or do you charge extra for spring water?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
I'm curious...why do I see houses in Canada where the driveway slopes down to a below ground garage? don't they get flooded with snowmelt?
It’s a dumb design , but as long as the drain is working they’re ok
No new houses built that way

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
It's cause the developer was a cheap Choilie and didn't want to invest in a bottom or two of back fill to build up the site before raising the foundation and house. So they went with some kind of french drain design which, as Kamloops points out, works, until it doesn't.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
and here I was thinking it was sumpin' Canadian clever.....

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
and here I was thinking it was sumpin' Canadian clever.....
It is. Once a year during spring cleaning you get your basement floors washed for free by the snowmelt :LOL:

• Haha

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Lol indoor swimming pools were all the rage in the 80s these guys were just forward thinkers in the early 70s ;-)

• Haha

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor