What did you do at work today?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Myself & a few fellow co-workers were educated by the "Super Trucker" that the Bobby Allison's '69 Charger Daytona never hit 200 MPH in '69 or could any of the NASCAR Charger Dayton's could ever hit or get near the 200 MPH mark. This all started with a conversation that he wasn't in about Allison's car hitting $1.43 million at Mecum. Never knew talking about Mecum would of been such a sore subject to someone that would lead to calling NASCAR history lies. Yes he got super defensive over that.
Did Bobby Allison stick it to his ol lady or something?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Did Bobby Allison stick it to his ol lady or something?
No but I'm surprised he didn't claim he that to Allison's wife since he's the Wilt Chamberlin of state employees. Over 3K alone in Nevada alone. Guess he knows speed better since he had a '69 Z/28 that did 200 MPH all day long on straights & curves & a early C4 Vette that took exit ramps at 150 MPH. Then every CDL truck he ever drove was tunned to put out over 1000 HP. Yesterday (for other reasons with him) made me realized I should of intriduced my fist to back of his skull this summer when he risked our crews safety when he was playing state trooper with a drunk driver in our work zone.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Just got in some very nice parts for a buddy with a turbo buick
20230118_115952.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
No but I'm surprised he didn't claim he that to Allison's wife since he's the Wilt Chamberlin of state employees. Over 3K alone in Nevada alone. Guess he knows speed better since he had a '69 Z/28 that did 200 MPH all day long on straights & curves & a early C4 Vette that took exit ramps at 150 MPH. Then every CDL truck he ever drove was tunned to put out over 1000 HP. Yesterday (for other reasons with him) made me realized I should of intriduced my fist to back of his skull this summer when he risked our crews safety when he was playing state trooper with a drunk driver in our work zone.
I worked with a guy like that. Pathological liar and I think made up stories to make him feel better about himself. I called him Zippy. He was the main driving force of me leaving behind 11+ years at my previous company.

The excuse the manager had given me was "If I get rid of him you are just going to get someone else who is worse. He shows up everyday thats good enough"

I had an interview the next day and handed my notice of resignation the following Monday.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Y'know, Pagrunt, claims, like the ones your "*ss"ociate has made, makes me glad this board does not have "SmellO-VisioN" because the BS stink that would have to be radiating from some of his assertions might just approach nasty enough that it would gag a maggot.

As for a "attitude adjustment" , don't waste the effort. From the sounds of things, about all you would accomplish would to be skin your knuckles on what must be a skull so thick and dense that neither logic nor comprehension are capable of penetration.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Wired doors all day... sorry for the poor pics, I took these so I could copy my work on another set.

20230118_102411.jpg 20230118_102414.jpg 20230118_103622.jpg

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nice work on the wiring for those panels.(y)

Had the updated rotation list for work arrive in my in-basket yesterday, AM, and it now seems that I am on the beach until at least the beginning of March, subject, of course, to unexpected 0-dark hundred calls 'cause someone pulled the pin for the day for whatever reason. Works for me because right now, the farther I stay away from humanity, the better I like it. Some contact is unavoidable but for the most part I am back in hermit mode again.

"I try to stay away from humanity as much as possible, They're ALL Sick."

CopperNick

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
  • Haha

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Working on this unit all day...

16742152996325328061449656560182.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor