Western MN
This thread should be titled

'For men who like jacking their own wood'

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Do electric saws get to play too? Picked me up a Makita UC4051A 16" saw after my El Cheapo Worx limbing saw/pole saw cracked the oil tank and started making a mess anywhere it was set. I still got my Stihl for the big stuff, but there is something to be said about not constantly needing hearing protection.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_143303.jpg
    IMG_20211022_143303.jpg
    791.3 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Had the opportunity to check the chainsaw inventory the other day. Both of mine are light weights, an Echo which I have to say is a nice machine, and a vintage Skil, 16" bar. The Skil is mostly a hangar queen now; the company no longer exists that I know of and vintage parts for them typically can be found on the unobtanium list. I did tear down the carb and clean out the idle circuits a few years ago because they had gotten clogged up from sawdust and debris that had gotten sucked in. Finding air filters is past impossible. As I no longer have anything on the property that is large enough to require anything heavier, I have simply settled for what I have. The Echo is large enough to deal with Lilac trees and the city would be very unhappy if I practiced on whatever that stump with leaves is that is out on the boulevard. Plus which I have a 20V Li-on DeWalt cordless sawzall that is more than up to the task of cutting short the life of saplings (Pun very much intended!!!!) So alle es en ordung

Nick.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor