What did you do to/with your chainsaw today

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I cut some stuff today but was too busy being pissed off and surly to snap one for the gram.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
New bar and chain for the MS 310. Pretty sure the old bar was tweaked slightly, and would throw sparks out the bottom of the bar when cutting. View attachment 196942
Solid ES bar. Nice. Much better than the laminated E bars.

That's just the 50 cc, what you can see at one time, the lie you tell the family so they don't call Hoarders to have a chainsaw episode...
Way to ruin the party... I had them going for a minute.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
There is. Listen for "four stroking" at WOT. Basically when the saw is only hitting on every other combustion cycle.

Then make a cut and the 4 stroking should "clean up" and sound smoother under load during the cut.

If you don't hear it four stroking at all, it's too lean. If it is four stroking in the cut, it's too rich.

I can hear it here, every time he takes pressure off the thing.

I think I'll serenade the neighbors again tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I can hear it here, every time he takes pressure off the thing.

I think I'll serenade the neighbors again tomorrow.
That's the sound you are looking for. Also it is better to be a little bit rich than lean. Running lean can burn up a saw very quickly.

Annoying those damn neighbors is one of the best parts of running chainsaws.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That's the sound you are looking for. Also it is better to be a little bit rich than lean. Running lean can burn up a saw very quickly.

Annoying those damn neighbors is one of the best parts of running chainsaws.

giphy (4).gif

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Solid ES bar. Nice. Much better than the laminated E bars.
For the price, I sure hope so. Those Stihl original parts are pricey around here. Did cut like butter when I went to test it out today, though.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Sold a saw today. My Stihl 028, kind of the saw that got me into saws. But I've got enough other 50cc saws and this one hasn't been used in forever. I think I'm down to a dozen or so(?) now.
View attachment 197090
The 028 is a great saw I wish I had one I have an 015 for little stuff and it tends to struggle but it's many years overdue for a rebuild I find it to be physically too small also. The top handle is to close to the rear handle

Nov 4, 2012
The 028 is a great saw I wish I had one I have an 015 for little stuff and it tends to struggle but it's many years overdue for a rebuild I find it to be physically too small also. The top handle is to close to the rear handle

Nice saws but they are heavy for a 50cc'er. I'd like to find an 028 Super.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Put it back square on the shelf. Looks like something (wind) rattled it half off.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor