What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wire-wheeled the rust and painted the rear end a few days ago. Not very hard to bolt-in, even with one person.

View attachment 65417

Nice work. Hey, could you give me a diameter on your axle tubes? They look bigger than my '87 442 8.5.

Mine are only 2.65 ~ probably 2.625 under the rust and what paint is left on it. Still need to get mine blasted.

Picked up a new motor for my g body.
IMG_3329.JPG

Yup, not a big deal, but [despite being the factory original] I already know my 442 has a kludged rear end. I actually have a SAE center instead of metric and my tubes look tiny but maybe they are indeed all the same? I am putting a LPW brace on mine just for peace of mind. Might be overkill but probably 1/2 the changes I am making are overkill . . .
notsure.gif

http://www.lpwracing.com/Axle_Tube_Brace_Kit/axle_housing_brace.html

Last edited:
Took a road trip today to pick up an MSD E Curve distributor and coil that only has a couple of hours of use, Holley 70151 fuel pump and Pro Products 10658 fuel pressure regulator, all had only about 2 hours use. In the package I also got the Holley Pro-Jection 4 that is complete. I got everything for $550. I have an E Curve distributor that needs to go in for servicing, the rev limiter stopped working so that could mean the board isn't doing what it is supposed to do. He wanted $300 just for the E Curve distributor which is less than 1/2 price here in Canada. For the extra $250 I couldn't let the other stuff go. The ECU for the Pro Jection is worth close to the $250 used. The guy I bought the stuff from has a real nice 69 Malibu convertible with a BBC in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor