Got the weekend off and got a few things done on the car. Been slow going last few months with my youngest playing for three softball teams, JV, Varsity and the town Rec league. Dropped off a set of drums to be turned so I’d have a nice clean edge to start with, had four to choose from and these two were the best of the bunch. They are 35 years old and I figure they are better than what I can buy new these days, not to mention $6 each to turn them. Wire wheeled and put a new coat of paint on them while I was at it. Replaced the front flex hoses, backing plates, calipers, rear flex hose and both wheel cylinders. I got a smoking deal on a pair of Raybestos wheel cylinders from an internet Home Depot purchase, $13 shipped for the pair. I wanted a pair of wheel cylinder braces that Raybestos built but they have since been discontinued, rats! So after todays work the rear end has all new brakes and lines installed and I used these neat bleeders. They have a check valve in them so you can bleed the front brakes single handedly. I set up each wheel with a clear nylon line and one at a time bleed the brakes until new clear fluid came through. Was really nice getting it done without having to keep cracking the valves with someone in the seat pumping the brake pedal. The pedal is very firm and catching almost at the top.
And took a quick ride around town in my friends new toy, a fiberglass '32 Ford Highboy.