What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Oh, yeah, Squirrels and Sheeple. One of the joys of semi-regular employment is that the body develops its own internal alarm that usually is about a half hour early than the clock. Made it to the supermarket at 0-dark thirty plus a bit after store opening and encountered only about 1/2 doz other souls with similar intent. In and out in about a 1/2 hour. For my encore I hit the Home Depot for a bunch of paks of 60 gr micro disks for my Dremel tool and then a fast pass on the gas and go to fill the tank on my S-10. All this is, strictly speaking, not specifically aimed at generating progress on the Monte but food, for values of the term, is useful for the energy needed to pull wrenches and throw tools and fits of rage at so-called parts that are in point of fact so mediocre in quality that they don't even make halfway decent paper weights, and having gas helps when the need to chase parts occurs.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nothing but enjoy one a bit...

It's 86 degrees outside right now.

You know, for those of you living in an ice box.

Reactions: 1 user

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Stuck some spare S10 wheels on the bonnie so I could drive it one some tires from this decade and gave her a bath and put some miles on the trans.
20210228_161422.jpg

20210228_164759.jpg

Reactions: 15 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Placed a very precise pinhole in the rear brake line with the plasma cutter. Nicopp line, fittings, unions, and a flex line are on their way.

One step back.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Disagree
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
That version of the S-10 wheel is what is on my 03. It came to me with them as part of the package and I have scored a couple of more pairs as they show up. Hadn't thought about them for the Monte but it is an idea worth some consideration.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yesterday it was an inventory of what fuel line fittings I had in stock for an in line fuel filter/regulator install. That ended up in a list of more to acquire.

Today it was an inventory of what brake line fittings I have in stock for that rear brake line adaptation on the Monte. Short again; more fittings to score.

Did find that new transmission mount that I had picked up for my non G-Body, G-body project, so added that to the parts stash for that project. Just bits and pieces accumulating that need to be sorted out and added to whatever parts group they were meant for.

Nick

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Put a few gallons in it.

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor