What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got the big un' head unit in yesterday, man did it seem to sound a lot better than the 10.1 I had in there
20210414_203519.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Got the big un' head unit in yesterday, man did it seem to sound a lot better than the 10.1 I had in there
View attachment 173108
You know what might look nice in there? On the rh kick panel, the early cars had a gm dealer accessory that was a 2 inch waste bin, and they stopped offering them after the ecm in kick panel came out. Since your computer and holder are gone. Might fill that space nice and get rid of those holes?

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
You know what might look nice in there? On the rh kick panel, the early cars had a gm dealer accessory that was a 2 inch waste bin, and they stopped offering them after the ecm in kick panel came out. Since your computer and holder are gone. Might fill that space nice and get rid of those holes?
Cool idea, thats the first I've heard of it. Thought you were trying to come up with a nice way to say my car is junk, hahaha

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Cool idea, thats the first I've heard of it. Thought you were trying to come up with a nice way to say my car is junk, hahaha
Not at all, FWIW you got my vote in the monthly contest as I liked your use of the blue tones. I think it's well done and I don't think many people noticed those camaro type (or actual) gauges in the console that looked like a factory placement.

The rest of the interior is so seamlessly put together that those couple clips/holes in the ecm corner make it feel something is missing off the car though a little bit. Maybe if not a waste bin some the of vinyl/cloth covered panel down there? The plaid would look nice, but I know in the other thread you mentioned not having a lot left, and even with scotchguard it could be too dirty in the footwell

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have a non computer kick panel if interested
What would you want for that?

Not at all, FWIW you got my vote in the monthly contest as I liked your use of the blue tones. I think it's well done and I don't think many people noticed those camaro type (or actual) gauges in the console that looked like a factory placement.

The rest of the interior is so seamlessly put together that those couple clips/holes in the ecm corner make it feel something is missing off the car though a little bit. Maybe if not a waste bin some the of vinyl/cloth covered panel down there? The plaid would look nice, but I know in the other thread you mentioned not having a lot left, and even with scotchguard it could be too dirty in the footwell
Much appreciated, they are the camaro gauges still not sure what to do there because I thought about trying to get them to match the Dakota's when I was putting them in but Dakota said it would be very pricey. Then thought about putting the air ride controller there but trying to integrate that into the head units if this stupid car dongle would ever get ironed out. So for the time being I have just left them unworking until I figure out what to do, my next plan is to go push button start and delete the traction control button to put it there. No you got me thinking, I do have enough to do it there. But already dealing with how dirty the carpet and floor mats are
Excuse me, Sir - would you like some car to go with your screen?
Naaah, all screen for some
avenue q GIF
As I was told by my side piece it would show very well there

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Thought engine exploded.

nope.

some locktite and shes good.

• Wow

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Got the ol girl back together thanks to my buddy again, couple of weird questions though. Found a green wire which looks to maybe be the second horn connector? Then the motor seems to bog down for a second when the fans kick on, do you guys have that problem? Then the last one is what temps did you guys set the fans to? This setup has them both on then has a high setting even thought the sniper calls it fans 1 and 2, I put them to 190 on and 180 off then 205 on and 195 off. When we were getting everything up to temp to test and finish topping off coolant they kicked on and cooled it down super quick which is a good thing. Just not sure if it will then constantly be going on and off
20210415_192709.jpg

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor