What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Drove her to work, now repairing and refinishing more interior parts.

Has anyone had luck cutting a crank door panel to accommodate power window switches? (Power window car, manual panels on it from when I bought it.)

Don't know if I want to attempt to do that, or just relocate the window switches to the center console.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Drove her to work, now repairing and refinishing more interior parts.

Has anyone had luck cutting a crank door panel to accommodate power window switches? (Power window car, manual panels on it from when I bought it.)

Don't know if I want to attempt to do that, or just relocate the window switches to the center console.
Yes i have. And will be doing it again on my G wagon. They locate in place of the manual window cranks. I used an exacto knife when i did my first one many years ago.

Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Replaced the worn out pitman arm and center link. It's nice not to have a pile of play in the steering anymore.

Reactions: 3 users

Tomicamino

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Aug 27, 2019
Finland
El Camino at its original purpose😀
IMG_6323.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Fired mine up 2 days ago to move it so I could install lights above it. It had sat for a few weeks so in typical fashion the carb was dry. I saw no evidence of leakage when I rebuilt the carb, so I'm wondering about the likelihood of the bowl evaporating all the gas out? The next day it fired instantly which is typical if I start it only a couple days apart.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Just looking for opinions. Getting my SB Olds stroker for my 84'Hurst next month. On the fence on engine paint. Thinking about painting it all factory black to look stock lately. Original plan was Olds gold with the aluminum heads, intake and fabbed aluminum valve covers. Want to run A/C on it so will have to notch the valve cover for that...stock valve covers probably won't work even with extra thick gaskets. Thanks

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just looking for opinions. Getting my SB Olds stroker for my 84'Hurst next month. On the fence on engine paint. Thinking about painting it all factory black to look stock lately. Original plan was Olds gold with the aluminum heads, intake and fabbed aluminum valve covers. Want to run A/C on it so will have to notch the valve cover for that...stock valve covers probably won't work even with extra thick gaskets. Thanks
Austin Powers Love GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor