What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Plus which, the newer Nitrophyl floats are more resistant to low octane and e-85 gas. The lack of lead in fuel for sale at the pumps has a side effect in that it is more corrosive. The chemicals in it can actually leach the lead out of the solder that holds a brass float together. This makes the seam porous and allows gas to seep into the float, causing it to sink. Consequence is gas all over the place because the bowl needle is pinned off the seat and can't shut off the fuel intake.

Put some more time in on the door skin and removed more of the overspray from whoever thought a cheap coat of white paint ala Maaco looked solid. Bleah. Pretty much have to strip the whole body down to primer and reshoot a fresh layer of that before returning my ride back to it's factory Burgundy/Maroon/?

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Not sure China is the culprit in this case although if their manufacturing plant is in Shanghai, all bets are off. If the parts even show up I may have to boil them in alcohol to sterilize them. 'Tween Covid and Bird Flu, no wonder the Vegans are winning. Ref: Joke of the day, ,maybe the time is ripe for a truly stinker of a B Horror Movie, "Attack of the Paranoid Porkers" or something stranger.
I think I have seen that movie before, although I am pretty sure it wasn't COVID-related...🍆

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Speaking of PORK...

Attachments

• pork... the one you love.jpg
    pork... the one you love.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

83MonteCarloSS

Greasemonkey
Oct 5, 2015
These pictures aren't the best but I wanted to post what I've done and I like it when people post pictures.

I hacked in an external electric fuel pump to prime the system. I manually turn it on to prime and then use the mechanical to run. It works great. I have had the car sitting for a week, kicked on the pump until it's primed, shut the electric pump off, and it fires right up. No more more cranking forever.

I'm going to be running some hard lines to get rid of all the rubber hose but I wanted to make sure it worked before I make it pretty.

I replaced my rear springs with Hotchkis 2" drop springs and replaced my rear lower control arms with Hotchkiss lowers.

Glad to be making progress on the car again, it's been awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 49
  • imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 50
  • imagejpeg_0_01.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_01.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 8 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I replaced my cars turn signal actuator pivot thing. I was leaving work one day then my turn signal lever just went completely loose. Some how the thing broke in half :wtf:. I was able to get a replacement on eBay for $35.00 and put it in though. The hardest part was getting the high beam actuator lined up and in the right place as everything went back together
Darn those pivoty thingings

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
old ebrake cable was rubbing on tire, cut it off. Also besides the carb linkage, fully hooked up the cruise system. vacuum ball, mounting bracket, vacuum lines, etc.
if anyone has these two parts, ill buy em off you.
servo231.gif

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I took pictures, a bunch of Photographs (knowingly he said).
gotta plan out some of the work for this summer, parts to remove (exhaust), parts to cut off and trash (seats), parts to recycle (doors), parts to cut off and recycle (cab)

speaking of which, if anyone wants some parts.........

1652488348850.png

1652488397603.png

1652488452863.png

1652488493411.png

Reactions: 1 user

Nabob111

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2022
Just thought I would post a couple before pictures of my 1984 Hurst custom build, Hoping to get started on this next month, Ordered all new drive line parts, steering & suspension.

Attachments

• IMG_0257[1].JPG
    IMG_0257[1].JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0258[1].JPG
    IMG_0258[1].JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I thought the stuff was at work in a box but it's not. I have two other places to look wen I get home. Fingers Crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor