What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Oil pressure switch developed a very smokey leak on the highway on the way home, so i had to replace that and power wash all the oil off of everything.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Figured I should post a pic of my handy work. I included the Hella H4 adapter to compare to mine. 20220517_190230.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Another adventure filled weekend before I even went to Philly.....

Decided since it was going to be nice Friday and rain most of the day Saturday I waited to change out the connector on the distributor to hopefully enjoy it some since it had been running fine. Went to Mineral Beach for a really good show that had a lot of everything to look at, once it started to drizzle is scared everyone away so on the way home it cleared so I decided to take her for a cruise. Followed this on the way out of Mineral Beach
20220513_200845.jpg

Was driving around for about 2 hours then decide to order some pizza and head home, pizza place said it would be 30 minutes so I decide to go up to Mt. Washington for a quick drive around to kill time.

Just heading into Mt. Washington almost to the top of Bingham and the car dies, I figured hmm maybe it just got the tape that was wrapped around hot and loosened up on the wire. Literally as it dies the kid coming the other way asks if I need help and I say no I am good thanks. Then a guy comes up from behind and refuses to not help me, says he is going to park his truck and help me guide it down the street. While he is parking I get it drifted down the hill, him and his kid come down and say lets move it somewhere else so a drunk doesn't smack it. I say thank you I appreciate it and we move it to the other side of the street, I go to pop the hood and of course it plays the won't pop game. Struggled for a few minutes trying to get it open and he sends his kid up to the bar he owns at the top of the street to get a screw driver, I angle the air ride and after playing a little more it finally pops just as his kid comes back with the screw driver.

I always feel really bad when people help me so I tinker with it a while playing with the wire and it still won't start even with him cranking and me playing with the wire. So finally I give up and say thank you so much for the help but I am not going to take any more of your time, just gonna call AAA. After waiting for them for over an hour I decide screw it I am gonna try again and it fires up so I close up everything and get running down the road. Call AAA to cancel the call and part way through they hang up on me. Once I am headed out of Mt. Washington I get beeped at from the person behind me, turns out it was the guy that helped and he was pumped it started running again hahaha.

Well I get down onto 51 and it stalls out again, play with the wire and this time it starts back up pretty quickly so run down the road some more. Get up the steep hill going to my house I get a call from AAA asking about my tow, I say I am good and am almost home thank you. Then almost literally after I get off the phone it dies on Brownsville Rd, at this point I am thinking the battery and jump pack may be low from the repeated starts but let it sit on the jump pack for a bit before trying a few times with a few minute pauses between. No luck, I figure I always see cops on Brownsville when I don't want to see them and they would come and give me a jump rather than messing around with it anymore. Sit there for quite a while having to wave people around constantly which I have to say did have many offers to make sure I was OK which was nice.

Finally give up on the cops showing up anytime, so drift it back into a parking lot so that I can run home and grab my van to give it a jump start to see if that fixes it. Do all that and still no luck, so figure it may be flooded from trying it so many times. Give it some more time to sit and still no luck so finally I give up and call AAA again. Then get a call from Fiori's telling me they will be closing soon and wanted to see if I was coming for my food, said I really wish I could but told them I'm broke down and can't. Then I wait another hour and a half before calling again to get an update, by this time it is like 245am and the lady says he will be there by 3am. Didn't end up getting there until almost 330am but finally got her home about 4am. Guy was super impressed with the GTO and not the Monte haha
20220514_022712.jpg
20220514_032921.jpg
20220514_033227.jpg

Then on Saturday decided to fix that pesky wire but it still wasn't the problem, so now am starting to hope it is maybe a plugged inline fuel filter!?!?!?!
20220514_162430.jpg
20220514_162617.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016

Decided since it was going to be nice Friday and rain most of the day Saturday I waited to change out the connector on the distributor to hopefully enjoy it some since it had been running fine. Went to Mineral Beach for a really good show that had a lot of everything to look at, once it started to drizzle is scared everyone away so on the way home it cleared so I decided to take her for a cruise. Followed this on the way out of Mineral Beach
View attachment 198760
Was driving around for about 2 hours then decide to order some pizza and head home, pizza place said it would be 30 minutes so I decide to go up to Mt. Washington for a quick drive around to kill time.

Just heading into Mt. Washington almost to the top of Bingham and the car dies, I figured hmm maybe it just got the tape that was wrapped around hot and loosened up on the wire. Literally as it dies the kid coming the other way asks if I need help and I say no I am good thanks. Then a guy comes up from behind and refuses to not help me, says he is going to park his truck and help me guide it down the street. While he is parking I get it drifted down the hill, him and his kid come down and say lets move it somewhere else so a drunk doesn't smack it. I say thank you I appreciate it and we move it to the other side of the street, I go to pop the hood and of course it plays the won't pop game. Struggled for a few minutes trying to get it open and he sends his kid up to the bar he owns at the top of the street to get a screw driver, I angle the air ride and after playing a little more it finally pops just as his kid comes back with the screw driver.

I always feel really bad when people help me so I tinker with it a while playing with the wire and it still won't start even with him cranking and me playing with the wire. So finally I give up and say thank you so much for the help but I am not going to take any more of your time, just gonna call AAA. After waiting for them for over an hour I decide screw it I am gonna try again and it fires up so I close up everything and get running down the road. Call AAA to cancel the call and part way through they hang up on me. Once I am headed out of Mt. Washington I get beeped at from the person behind me, turns out it was the guy that helped and he was pumped it started running again hahaha.

Well I get down onto 51 and it stalls out again, play with the wire and this time it starts back up pretty quickly so run down the road some more. Get up the steep hill going to my house I get a call from AAA asking about my tow, I say I am good and am almost home thank you. Then almost literally after I get off the phone it dies on Brownsville Rd, at this point I am thinking the battery and jump pack may be low from the repeated starts but let it sit on the jump pack for a bit before trying a few times with a few minute pauses between. No luck, I figure I always see cops on Brownsville when I don't want to see them and they would come and give me a jump rather than messing around with it anymore. Sit there for quite a while having to wave people around constantly which I have to say did have many offers to make sure I was OK which was nice.

Finally give up on the cops showing up anytime, so drift it back into a parking lot so that I can run home and grab my van to give it a jump start to see if that fixes it. Do all that and still no luck, so figure it may be flooded from trying it so many times. Give it some more time to sit and still no luck so finally I give up and call AAA again. Then get a call from Fiori's telling me they will be closing soon and wanted to see if I was coming for my food, said I really wish I could but told them I'm broke down and can't. Then I wait another hour and a half before calling again to get an update, by this time it is like 245am and the lady says he will be there by 3am. Didn't end up getting there until almost 330am but finally got her home about 4am. Guy was super impressed with the GTO and not the Monte haha
View attachment 198762 View attachment 198761 View attachment 198763

Then on Saturday decided to fix that pesky wire but it still wasn't the problem, so now am starting to hope it is maybe a plugged inline fuel filter!?!?!?!
View attachment 198764 View attachment 198765
What a day

• Agree

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
What an adventure! AND you never did get the pizza. It would have been a little nicer to have the pizza and some Turner's to get you thru all that.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

View attachment 198760

View attachment 198762 View attachment 198761 View attachment 198763

View attachment 198764 View attachment 198765
You've had nothing but trouble lately.

Give you $50 for it, and, buy you that pizza. All your problems solved.

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
What an adventure! AND you never did get the pizza. It would have been a little nicer to have the pizza and some Turner's to get you thru all that.
Yeah I had been craving it ever since, worst part was once it first started running I debated swinging by for the pizza. Which may have worked being stuck at Fioris all night instead of Brownsville Rd. Hahahaha
You've had nothing but trouble lately.

Give you $50 for it, and, buy you that pizza. All your problems solved.
Thats just my luck with everything, the GTO even when newer gave me problems routinely. Better watch it I might take you up on that, hahaha

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Thats just my luck with everything, the GTO even when newer gave me problems routinely. Better watch it I might take you up on that, hahaha
GTO problems too huh?

Well, you're pushing it now. OK then. $100 plus the pizza for the Monte and the GTO. No clue what I'd do with the GTO.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
That tach connection doesn't look all that spiffy either. Think the real problem is those Green Spark Plug wires!! I know they match the rims, well sort of, but green as it pertains to cars is not all that confidence inspiring...didja happen to install them on Friday the 13th??

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Bought a new, well rebuilt, BOP th350 today. Hopefully I'll get that in soon.

My trunk doesn't have a key hole and I closed it after attaching the latch. I wanted to install the trunk seal today and I didn't want to crawl through the car, so I taped a flat head to a broom stick and boom...4 seconds max. Smartest thing I've ever done with this car so far lol.

Attachments

• a44f69af3a3c61bbac404aa492422828c59ea902-1.jpg
    a44f69af3a3c61bbac404aa492422828c59ea902-1.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor