What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Spent yesterday consulting my 8.8 guru 64nailhead and playing with lasers and tape measures to no end.......yet. Everything is lined up, just need to push everything out of the way to clear it for welding and this one pain in the butt will be out of the way.
The result will be good once you get the car aligned and pinion angle set.

I wish I worked on a car today - firewood -
All day :( FFFD209D-4276-454C-8C79-431F29FE67C1.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
On vacation last week at the beach house, our last vacation until Christmas sadly but it was a great week off. Got up early and watched the sun rise over Provincetown, one of life's simple pleasures! Spent a good bunch of time just goofing off on the deck with a drink in my hand watching the boats go by. This day tripper lobster boat was out front a couple mornings this week tending his traps, very peaceful and quiet, easy to get into relax mode.

IMG_3217.jpeg

Got home this morning and had the better part of the afternoon to fool around with so I started up the car and took it to the side of the garage for some sand blasting. I blasted the lower rear quarters, both lower rocker panels, any crusty spots on the rear quarter wheel openings and in and around the two quarter glasses. Those damn window openings are messed up bad. The tops of both window openings are Swiss cheese with a rot hole on the sill on the driver side and a rot hole on the top into the roof drip rail. Gonna stew on it and figure out a plan of attack. Only real solace is this car will never be parked or driven out in the rain again if I can help it. Heck, I'm not sure I'll ever want to wash it again after the new paint job is done for fear of slamming water in spaces it doesn't belong. Have 5 cans of 3m Cavity Wax on the shelf to spray into every crevice on this thing to try and preserve it. My friend and I will be starting back up on the bodywork (rear quarters, roof and door sills) next week if the weather isn't to bloody hot, been a hot dry summer so far and hoping August brings some cooler evenings. 🤞

1659313237440.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got bored.
made this
296737772_1481457222296477_6939566158728154610_n.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
After work Friday ran out to a buddies place who had what Holley was shipping out that was going to be too late to give it a chance before the Classic, only good thing that came of running to his place was to see his 2 beauties. The part originally didn't change anything, was on the phone with Holley who same as the others disregarded what the other said. He finally asked for a data log, which I ran once and then it stalled out pretty quickly. I sent it over to him and still waiting to hear back on it, after that I tried a few other logs but now it says it won't let me create the data log folder for some reason. And now it went to a new characteristic which is it seems like it drops the fuel pressure and then tries to catch back up. Hadn't done this at all since the gauge has been on, so we changed out the inline filter just in case but still no change
20220729_170126.jpg

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Good chore that isn't mine or it would be full of skunk sh*t and on it's way back to Holley.

Nick

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Good chore that isn't mine or it would be full of skunk sh*t and on it's way back to Holley.

Nick
pile GIF

Finally talked to a guy who seems to know what he is talking about, he asked me if it smelled like it was running much richer than it was showing and I said yeah. He says that even if I don't see or hear it there is likely an exhaust leak causing at least part of the problem. He says the o2 reads it saying it needs more fuel and dumps it in throwing off the tune. His second idea was that the fuel pump isn't low enough and possibly burning itself up, gonna do some more investigating and see if that helps

Reactions: 1 user

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I took my 1979 Hurst/Olds out of the garage and ran it for a while in the driveway. I do it about twice a month. It's been off the road for almost 3 years now and is sort of in a project stage. It still needs some brake work to be fully drivable. I cleaned it off, let it "air out" for a few hours, and then put it away.
DSCN1834.JPG DSCN1837.JPG

DSCN1838.JPG DSCN1840.JPG
In the last picture you can see the yellow posi label that was used on earlier cars and not the 1979 Hurst. I added it because I liked it.

Reactions: 8 users

Ottawa_LeMans

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2021
Finally put a tach in it so I have something to look at as I drop a gear and burn through a yellow (jk... jk)

Attachments

• IMG-3277.jpg
    IMG-3277.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-3276.JPG
    IMG-3276.JPG
    561.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor