What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Good chore that isn't mine or it would be full of skunk sh*t and on it's way back to Holley.

Nick
Says the guy with the FiTech.

mclellan83 what is the exact issue with your friend's Holley and what is it, i.e. Sniper, Term, HP, Dominator?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Says the guy with the FiTech.

mclellan83 what is the exact issue with your friend's Holley and what is it, i.e. Sniper, Term, HP, Dominator?
Hahaha, its my Holley Sniper thats the problem. Thing is that it has changed characteristics like 5 times throughout the trouble shooting with them. Started off as a miss on the highway that progressed to street driving, then after changing the cap and rotor it wouldn't rev up at all would only idle. Then changed out the distributor itself for it to now be able to rev up but won't idle right long enough to get up to temp. Once it hits like 135 it has the IAC go through the roof and choke it itself out. All throughout it never had a fueling problem, after I sent a data log to them that they still haven't got back to me on. It now dips to 45 then tries to catch back up at 60 but still does the choke itself out before getting up to operating temp

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hahaha, its my Holley Sniper thats the problem. Thing is that it has changed characteristics like 5 times throughout the trouble shooting with them. Started off as a miss on the highway that progressed to street driving, then after changing the cap and rotor it wouldn't rev up at all would only idle. Then changed out the distributor itself for it to now be able to rev up but won't idle right long enough to get up to temp. Once it hits like 135 it has the IAC go through the roof and choke it itself out. All throughout it never had a fueling problem, after I sent a data log to them that they still haven't got back to me on. It now dips to 45 then tries to catch back up at 60 but still does the choke itself out before getting up to operating temp
Is Holley controlling the timing or do you have a normal HEI?

I'd be interested to look at the tune and a datalog if you want to send me one.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Get rid of the CCC-system they said. It's a POS they said.

And yet, you look at all the fi-tech problems people have. All the Sniper problems people have...

A nice q-jet, properly tuned, either CCC or not based on your power needs. Unless it's a full out race car no need for more than that. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Get rid of the CCC-system they said. It's a POS they said.

And yet, you look at all the fi-tech problems people have. All the Sniper problems people have...

A nice q-jet, properly tuned, either CCC or not based on your power needs. Unless it's a full out race car no need for more than that. ;)
Home Improvement No GIF by Laff

Damn FI haters anyway;)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Just think of all the punch lines you can come up with to finish the statement:

"What do FI systems and enemas have in common?"
Hmmm? I think you have that backwards. Carbs aren't referred to as toilet bowls by happenstance

:blam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor