What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hmmm? I think you have that backwards. Carbs aren't referred to as toilet bowls by happenstance

:blam:
Maybe that's why the FI guys can't keep them running right, they use them wrong. You gotta put gas in them!

:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
🙂

WIxX6tY.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Says the guy with the FiTech.

mclellan83 what is the exact issue with your friend's Holley and what is it, i.e. Sniper, Term, HP, Dominator?
Actually, says the guy who has just taken possession of an Edelbrock 1906 AVS II which will bolt directly to the Edelbrock 2101 intake that has occupied a place of honor on that motor for over 35 years. All that lies between me and the swap is a certain amount of dogged determination to learn why the FI TEch TBI unit is failing to perform as advertised. Much as I'd like to blame the equipment, I'm the one who did the installaton and that makes me responsible to a certain degree for all the good, bad, and ugly, that I have encountered.

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Str8sixfan

Apprentice
Jul 17, 2022
About to go out to the garage to restore some more of the interior plastics on my Grand Prix's interior overhaul

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Get rid of the CCC-system they said. It's a POS they said.

And yet, you look at all the fi-tech problems people have. All the Sniper problems people have...

A nice q-jet, properly tuned, either CCC or not based on your power needs. Unless it's a full out race car no need for more than that. ;)
Grandmas Boy Bed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

its always racecar

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm slacking, but made it to Street Rod Nationals over the weekend with my buddy Cory and his boosted Monte, other buddy Ethan with a twin turbo LS Monte and sbc Monte, and a younger kid with a nice GN....
IMG_20220806_134847_783.jpg

20220809_080827.jpg

Go to the 17:25 mark on the video below. Some random dude shooting video got our cars! LS fest is a few weeks out, planning on going since I've already registered.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
cobbled together mk ii throttle/cruise/kickdown bracket out of a heavily chopped 231 v6 bracket and a non modified mid 70s buick 350 4 barrel/th350 bracket.
also made a little tab for the fan to hold it. my trusty ziptie broke and it got in a fight with the water pump pulley.

V6 bracket:
bracket7.jpg

V6 bracket part number:
bracket4.jpg

350/4/Th350 bracket part number:
bracket3.jpg

I was gonna weld em together, but i wanted to maintain the slight adjustability the two brackets overlapping provide. They are surprisingly sturdy.
bracket5.jpg

Both mocked up:
bracket6.jpg

Installed, painted:
bracket9.jpg

Fan bracket:
bracket2.jpg

Glamor shot:
bracket1.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor