What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Finally had the chance to get out and drive mine..weather has been absolutely trash until a few days ago.

Day off of work so took care of a few things that I needed to get done in the morning, I got done early so I hung out at the beach for a little, took a nice peaceful walk. Ate some lunch and then went to the store for some stuff to throw in the smoker tomorrow.

Got some nice driving in, good amount of stares and a few thumbs up. I was backing in to this spot and a couple of guys came up and asked me where I found one that was a manual because they had never seen a manual SS. They checked it out and were pretty happy to see it. 🙂

20220916_144528.jpg

Took a picture of my crowded beach on my walk this morning, good relaxing mile or so in.

20220916_145919.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Finally had the chance to get out and drive mine..weather has been absolutely trash until a few days ago.

Day off of work so took care of a few things that I needed to get done in the morning, I got done early so I hung out at the beach for a little, took a nice peaceful walk. Ate some lunch and then went to the store for some stuff to throw in the smoker tomorrow.

Got some nice driving in, good amount of stares and a few thumbs up. I was backing in to this spot and a couple of guys came up and asked me where I found one that was a manual because they had never seen a manual SS. They checked it out and were pretty happy to see it. 🙂

View attachment 207001

Took a picture of my crowded beach on my walk this morning, good relaxing mile or so in.

View attachment 207002
You should lower that Monte an inch. Just saying....

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well, the engine is in, spacers had to be used for both of the Motor Mounts, I am assuming it was a quality issue.
I am not sure why he would install solid mounts on what appears to be a stock or mild SBC instead of the stock clamshell style but it looks like a mismatch between upper and lowers they shouldn't be squished closed like that when mounted.
1663393748616.png

Attachments

• 1663393463449.png
    1663393463449.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
New dome light lens.
20220915_125852.jpg

The old one literally dissolved into dust.
20220915_125846.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
attemped to grease the 8 zerks in the rear and one the upper control arms wouldn't take it.fought the arm out and of course on the bench it went fine..i changed both uppers to 90 degree fittings so we'll se down the road if anything's diffrent next time. i have @least 18 up front and an oil change later.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
I am not sure why he would install solid mounts on what appears to be a mild SBC instead of the stock clamshell style but it looks like a mismatch between upper and lowers they shouldn't be squished closed like that when mounted.
View attachment 207054
Back a page or so ago, I did also happen to comment on that picture and mount, wondering why it looked deformed? It's location is the driver's side. Nick

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor