1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your G-Body today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dlo253, Apr 26, 2011.

1. dlo253

dlo253 G-Body Guru

What did you do to your G-Body today?? I know there's a lot of us that do stuff to our cars on a daily basis. Lets see whos doing what. Ill start lol.

Today was a big day for my 84 cutlass. I just recently bought it. I can post pics tomorrow, but anyways. It came with 22s. I sold those today, and put on some Pontiac rally II wheels. Gonna paint them when I get a chance. I also got new studs, brake pads, tie rod end, and center link. Just random things that need to be done. Previous owner just wanted big wheels, but didn't do it the right way, oh and I am also lowering it this weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Peter

Peter Royal Smart Person

I driving mine now :D

did most of my work last summer but i did do an oil change, new dipstick tube and repaired my battery cable last weekend to get it ready. Also put the finishing touches by putting the flywheel cover back on and now I get to enjoy it! its been awesome so far it rides like a dream on the highway now because i replaced my driveshaft with my engine swap and it pretty much idles on the highway with 2.41's for now. pinned the speedometer couple of times with no effort, lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. MR442

MR442 G-Body Guru

Started the 442 And was going to get out for drive . It rained ow well

4. dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy Master Mechanic

redid the headliner yesterday, started sorting through 2 shelves of interior......still seriously considering yanking the 305

• Like Like x 1
  5. -83MONTESS-

-83MONTESS- Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Silver

I dug a mouse nest out of the heater box and pulled out a birds nest from on top of the right rear tire! Sad thing is, is that its only been sitting for 2 weeks :shock:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. dlo253

dlo253 G-Body Guru

ouch...thats crazy.
    yeah i need to start prepping my wheels for paint. right now it looks like im driving a hoopty haha. its still raised upfront lol. but i dont care because now i can actually go fast and maneuver well. Today im going to replace my speedo gear..

edit.. and getting my windows tinted. legal limit is 35% im thinking either 15 or 20 though. and like most of us, driving of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RockSS

RockSS Master Mechanic

Well its still morning so I haven't done anything yet ... :D Anyway I weighed it yesterday 3560 lbs :shock: damn thats pretty heavy ... Then I stuffed it into my 20' enclosed trailer and brought it back to the scale. (trailer weight from the factory says 3415 I added a nitrogen tank, winch, battery, and electric tongue jack<<< make life a little easier).. has 2, 3500lb axles so you can see it doesnt add up well. anyway ends up total package, truck trailer and car weighs 12,360 lbs :wtf: but with load distribution bars theres only 6400 lbs on the trailer axles :eek: . Anyway that was my eventful day now I get to try to just enjoy today .. be out running errands in the monte

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. axisg

axisg Royal Smart Person

Yesterday while waiting for stock to arrive for the next job at work I decided to sand off the clearcoat on my wheels, polish the lip, and give them a fresh coat of paint. Holy smokes my hands are sore today !!! I dropped the 2 freshly painted wheels and 2 new tires off to the tire place around the corner from work this morning. I am not looking forward to doing the other 2 !!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 87ttop

87ttop Master Mechanic

well im on my way this minuteto the garage, so that I can change rear wheel studs in my 81 elco. I plan on putting my interior together once i get my consoles

• Like Like x 1
  10. GhettoRacingKid

GhettoRacingKid G-Body Guru

ive been working on my 79 Monte just about everyday since I bought it last year. Its come a long way.

the latest project is to finally put some gauges in the car. I have been "running blind" since I changed the motor. I havent really cared if it blows up.

Im building a custom cluster with autometer sport comp II. its looking good so far but im doing the wiring as nice and clean as I can so I can make some others down the road and I am using a wire harness for easy plug and play incase I change to a new car or want to sell it.

• Creative Creative x 1