v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
NOTHING! My girl tricked me and took it to work :(

Likethat

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2011
Cleaning 10 years of waiting off. Well that was yesterday, started. Today more of the same if the wind doesn't blow over the barn.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Nothing today, but last night went out for a short ride in the passenger seat, lol. My girlfriend wanted to drive it, so we took it out to the bar, she doesn't drink, so yes it had a sober pilot :lol: . I think the girl puts more wear on the tires than I do :rofl: , she thought it was necessary to lay stripes while leaving the bar :roll: .

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Oldsmoletick said:
Nothing today, but last night went out for a short ride in the passenger seat, lol. My girlfriend wanted to drive it, so we took it out to the bar, she doesn't drink, so yes it had a sober pilot :lol: . I think the girl puts more wear on the tires than I do :rofl: , she thought it was necessary to lay stripes while leaving the bar :roll: .
I think it's quite impressive that:
1. Your girl wanted to drive your g-body
2. You actually let her drive it
3. She wants to smoke your tires
AWESOME. Now post some pics lol.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
axisg said:
Yesterday while waiting for stock to arrive for the next job at work I decided to sand off the clearcoat on my wheels, polish the lip, and give them a fresh coat of paint. Holy smokes my hands are sore today !!! I dropped the 2 freshly painted wheels and 2 new tires off to the tire place around the corner from work this morning. I am not looking forward to doing the other 2 !!!

Yesterday I got smart and used paint stripper to strip all the clearcoat off the last 2 wheels ( no joke my fingertips are still missing from sanding the first 2 ), Once that was done I painted them up and dropped them off to be mounted at the shop on the way home last night. Since I was there I picked up the first 2 that were done and man they looked good and the missing fingertips were worth it !! They still need a little love with the mothers alum polish to bring up the shine on the bare alum but even grey they looked 1000% better than before.

So then I went home ( already late for supper BTW ) and decided to put on my newly painted wheels and tires LOL.
Well of course you can't put purdy new wheels and tires in a dirty wheelwell so I broke out the gasoline and rags to clean the wells up ( told wifey I would be in for supper in 10 mins :rofl: ) ........then with the undercoating, grease, and god knows what else I stripped off I decided it would be a good idea to re-paint the calipers since I got dirty gas and dirt all over them ! ( that only took an hour so it was time for a dinner break )..... So after my now "stone cold" supper I sprayed on a fresh coat of undercoating and mounted the wheels and tires. Ahh that feels better !!! I missed the first period of the Bruins game but it was worth it. Sometimes things like this get me excited like a kid again LOL Hopefully will get some time over the weekend to mount the other 2 wheels and get some pics.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
454muscle said:
Oldsmoletick said:
I think it's quite impressive that:
1. Your girl wanted to drive your g-body
2. You actually let her drive it
3. She wants to smoke your tires
AWESOME. Now post some pics lol.

lol, she loves that thing, I had to put my foot down when she tried to claim it as hers though, haha. I don't mind her driving it, but only with me in it. She tends to forget to pay attention to the speedometer (I caught her doing 75 yesterday, I let her get away with it for a half mile or so :lol: ). She enjoys it, so it's all good, sorry no pics or video with her beating on the car yet, but I do have one of her torturing my jeep offroad, lol.

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Olds. You Are Lucky. My Girl HATES My Elky! Was Told I Spend To Much Money And Time With It. Well Tough Luck She Has To Deal With My Elky Forever Now That She Is My Fiancee (My Girl That IS). Hope To Be Tearing CNY Up In The Next Few Months!

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
lol, It's about damn time we got good enough weather to do so too. Yeah I've heard the "too much time with your car" line before, so I curved it back at her a little by getting a project car that she could call her own :twisted: . Now she can't yell at me for spending too much time with my car, because chances are, I was spending time with hers :rofl: (needed lots of work, lol). Give her time she may grow to like the elky, or you just may have to do what I did :lol: .

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Over the weekend, I lowered the front, replaced front wheel studs And brake pads, also replaced the center link. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. lol I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor