What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I forgot about when he picked me up in his red on red 62 Impalla, 327 4-speed 2-door sedan in 2nd grade. Dad always had a hot rod or a beater. I owe it all to him.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We were back at T-Ball again tonight. One of these things is not like the others.

Attachments

• seaofsadness.jpg
    seaofsadness.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Badass!!! I won't give up my man card to a minivan....ever! I drove them thousands of miles when i worked in car rental, not bad but i would much rather be driving the yellow grocery getter!!!

It was a holy sh*t moment for me seeing that, and it really hit home why I built the car. That and Tatiana saying to the other parents: "That's the wagon" and "my Daddy built it"; and then on the way home "make it louder!", and "go fast!", and "do it again!".

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It was a holy sh*t moment for me seeing that, and it really hit home why I built the car. That and Tatiana saying to the other parents: "That's the wagon" and "my Daddy built it"; and then on the way home "make it louder!", and "go fast!", and "do it again!".
That's what it's all about there! I don't have the pic on my phone....but a few years back i was driving my brother n laws 468BBC 68 camaro 4 speed home from a show...had my then 3yr old and niece in the back and they wanted me to keep going faster and lighting up the tires lol! Next thing my wife and i learned was the soothing lullaby of a musclecar putting them to sleep! Pic of 'maro for reference. Full tubs, cage, 4 linked 9" parked next to my other nieces' mini monster truck!
20140927_081147.jpg

• Winner

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Finally installed new power steering lines and flushed the system.
Also received all of my brother's video from the weekend of the Regal's first track time! Will post tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Since about everything that can get in the way of getting my rear end done has happened, I went ahead and got one of these on the way. Supposed to be here tomorrow or Saturday. This should hopefully help my probably completely unjustified paranoia over my tiny tubes deflection perhaps causing some of that metal that came out when I popped the cover though over 500 lb.ft. probably was also involved. Nice thing about it is you just put on the cover [temporarily] and assemble the rest of the kit and where the tabs need welded to the tubes becomes something even and engineer like me can do . . . [FWIW, this pic from their site is a 7.5 pic]. Probably overkill but this combined with the protouring anti-sway setup that clamps the axle tubes forward and up to the frame, boxed lower CAs, adjustable upper CAs, and lower to upper CA reinforcement brackets from UMI should firm things up nicely. Add in all the new internals I've already talked about ad nauseam and the 8.5 should be pretty damn solid even with 2 5/8" tubes.

LPW_axle_tube_housing_brace_kit.png

I will attempt to do a review on this . . . if I ever get my rasto frackin motso blackin 442 actually back on the road.
IMG_0370.JPG

Believe it or not I did make progress this week . . . fellow whipper snappers! Finally ready to slap the Dynamat down, up, and sideways throughout the interior [prep is everything and a bit more time consuming than one might think] and I am picking up my 442 center cap converters for my US Mags Saber wheels tomorrow [gets the SSIII 442 caps on the Saber wheels]. Tires are on the wheels and I rolled the wheels up against the car that is on jack stands with no rear end under it, front end partially disassembled . . .
and made varoom noises!
burnrubber.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor