What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
^^ I would be wiling to bet he gets hot air coming in the car when driving. Disconnect the heater core and no more hot air :)

From near DD status for over the last month I parked my heap at the top of the driveway this morning in favour of a car with working A/C. Its not terribly hot ( 75-80f ) here but I find it humid as can be. Roughly 70%. I don't know how you guys in FL. LA and TX deal with it ! Maybe all that rust, dust, bodyfiller, and paint fumes over the years have taken their toll on me ?
Next spring the Monte will again have working A/C !!

A/C is a requirement here, or you just won't enjoy the car. I'm usually horrified with guys strip the A/C out of their cars on here, though I realize not everyone lives in a climate like this.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
A/C is a requirement here, or you just won't enjoy the car. I'm usually horrified with guys strip the A/C out of their cars on here, though I realize not everyone lives in a climate like this.

I am just getting too soft in my old age :) Most are fine without it ( Canada and all ) but I cant do it ! Of all the restoration / upgrades I have done to my car over the almost 10 years I have had it, getting the A/C working again was top 3. Compressor seal is all that's left to repair mine. Priorities Priorities !

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Figured it was time to retire the Alpine 9835 since the CD player began messing up. I bought the Kenwood KDX 501 and the XM component that goes with it but I can't tell anyone what I paid for it though...:cool:

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Ths past weekend I buffed and waxed my Lemans for the first itme in 6 years. man what a difference. I also removed and re-died all of my rear interior plastics and added a vinyl matching vinyl uphostery to my package tray, it's almost all back in and should be ready for the weekend. A lot of work but well worth it.

Reactions: 2 users

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
DSC_0329.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0330.JPG
    DSC_0330.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0331.JPG
    DSC_0331.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
Reactions: 9 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I installed the Kenwood 501 deck and as good as I thought the Alpine was this radio clearly beats out the Alpine as far as sound goes. The Alpine was easier to use but I'm sure I'll get use to the Kenwood. One nice thing with the Kenwood is there is an app for the smartphone to control the radio by way of bluetooth so when camping I won't have to use the inferred repeater.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Finally installed the pass. side coil spring. What a pain!!
IMAG0836.jpg

I tried everything..so after searching for some ideas I came across a coil spring tool made by maximum motorsports, it says for mustangs but I add adapted it for my a-arms. It basically grabs the inboard side of the coil since these cools want to bend at an angle when going in the spring pocket. If you look close you can see it in there. I'll post a pic of the tool tomorrow when I take all the other stuff apart.

Reactions: 2 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Here's a picture of that tool I was talking about.
IMAG0839.jpg
IMAG0838.jpg

you bolt it up to where the shock mounts and the little grabber bolts in the middle. I still had to use a compressor to bring the spring up and a pry bar to pry the coil over the tool once the coil sits on the tool you just jack up the arm and bolt the spindles to the balljoints. I had to buy the tool from maximum motor sports and make an adaptor but this made the whole process much easier. Just putting this out there for anyone who is having difficulties getting their coils in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I figured out my steering problem, I never had a ps box fail and not make any noise. It'll work of when cold but on the highway when the pump is hot I get very little assist and there is play in the steering like when you don't have the car running..good news in my Delphi 600 box wasn't the problem....and I got another quadrajet today, paid $200 for this one....:)

$_27.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor