What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstClass 383

Master Mechanic
Feb 8, 2013
finely got my wench on my traylor, now to make the battery box, and make the tilt automatic

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: 2 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Car is going to winter storage on Saturday. So, it decides that it's a good time to spring a fuel leak in the supply line from the tank. Got home from work, ran it up on some ramps in the driveway and found the bad section of pipe.... Inside the frame rail, next to the converter where you can't get to it:( So, got every clamp and hose loose enough from the fuel pump back, pulled out enough to cut out the bad section and splice in a hose section to keep it till next spring. Finished up in the dark, smelling like gas and undercoating. Gawd, I love these cars:twisted:

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Got my re-ring kit, bearings, gaskets, rings, (damn good deal, nearly 50% off), once my motor gets done being bathed and the cam bearings slapped in (really hope they put em in right, long story short they're special bearings that need oriented a certain way) I can assemble the bottom end. Also, I'm goin on a rear end safari. Not that kind. Ya perverts. Ok maybe later. BUT, I'm gon' get a GN 8.5 for my Regal. Sure, it'll put me two weeks behind schedule (no Halloween cruise for me. :( ) but it'll still be done in time for thanksgiving.

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Got my re-ring kit, bearings, gaskets, rings, (damn good deal, nearly 50% off), once my motor gets done being bathed and the cam bearings slapped in (really hope they put em in right, long story short they're special bearings that need oriented a certain way) I can assemble the bottom end. Also, I'm goin on a rear end safari. Not that kind. Ya perverts. Ok maybe later. BUT, I'm gon' get a GN 8.5 for my Regal. Sure, it'll put me two weeks behind schedule (no Halloween cruise for me. :( ) but it'll still be done in time for thanksgiving.

if you put the cam bearings in dry ice for an hour or 2 they will slide into place. Better yet if you can get some liquid nitrogen that will shrink them more and faster. You'll get .003"-,005" shrink with dry ice for a cam bearing and with liquid nitrogen you'll get at least .010"

Reactions: 1 users

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
finely got my wench on my traylor, now to make the battery box, and make the tilt automatic

Looks exzactly like my open trailer is set up....(looks to see if trailer is still there) haha nice job

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
great looking engine and air cleaner and I luv that colour, I noticed you have 062 vortec heads with perimeter bolted valve covers, how did you accomplish that?

and to keep to the topic of this thread I put gas in my GP.....:)

Aha! Somebody has finally spotted my deception!

As noted below, they are simple adapters I got from Speedway Motors. Trick Flow makes a set as well, but they’re twice the price for the exact same thing.
They’re a quality piece, I’ve had zero issues with fit, finish, or leaks. They use a large one piece o-ring that sits in a recess on the underside of the adapters. The o-ring seals the adapter to the head, while the valve covers use a regular gasket like normal.

DF95A793-6D81-4B48-A9A4-72DD1155BD40.jpeg

24565A1C-8F4D-4C49-901F-81CEC9EB44B6.jpeg

A741E975-2155-4069-9547-27D6CD403932.jpeg

I wanted my Vortec headed 350 to appear as if it might still be the original 305, hence the adapters, original style perimeter bolt valve covers, and the stock GM corporate blue. That also explains the stock exhaust manifolds as well. The only obvious dead giveaway is the sawtooth pattern on the driver’s side cylinder head, but that’s pretty tough to hide without grinding it off.
;)

Thanks for the compliment Steve!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
The only obvious dead giveaway is the sawtooth pattern on the driver’s side cylinder head, but that’s pretty tough to hide without grinding it off.
you just need to hide it with an a/c compressor, gutted if necessary.
joe

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor