What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I put a pertronix hei kit in my distrubtor but it's raining so hard I can't try it out so I put a new handle in a hammer painted them up and took my vise apart to clean it and paint it also

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Not much, been stuck on a honey do list most of the day....happy wife happy life!!! I did manage to tape up my valve covers and bolt them on the heads. Gonna start taping the heads up in prep for paint. Made some templates to save time taping off ports.
20171015_115813.jpg
20171015_203404.jpg

Also checked on the parts I painted yesterday. After curing the SEM did well again and I'm happy!!!
20171015_210701.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I got what I thought was a good deal on a set of Weld Draglites that I might use on my Regal. 15 x 7 and 15 x 9.
20171015_190530-1_resized.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
stuff1.jpg
stuff2.jpg
stuff3.jpg

:D

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 4 users

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
Aha! Somebody has finally spotted my deception!

As noted below, they are simple adapters I got from Speedway Motors. Trick Flow makes a set as well, but they’re twice the price for the exact same thing.
They’re a quality piece, I’ve had zero issues with fit, finish, or leaks. They use a large one piece o-ring that sits in a recess on the underside of the adapters. The o-ring seals the adapter to the head, while the valve covers use a regular gasket like normal.

Donovan, clever deception (and I gotta give pontiacgp props for noticing you had "disguised" heads on it in the first place). But I don't remember whether you mentioned that you had roller rockers on that engine, so I naturally don't remember what you may have mentioned about the cam, nor any of the other go-fast things you've done to the engine. Have I just forgotten these details from your build thread, or have you been keeping secrets? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers - Gary

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
I gotta say, I think is the best parts run I've ever done. All that for 1100 bucks, plus 4 hour round trip.

MrSony, I don't have the codes stamped on the 8.5" axles memorized. Mind telling us what those alphanumerics tell us, and what did the axle come from? While you're at it, where'd you find those treasures? Craigslist?

Cheers - Gary

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Donovan, clever deception (and I gotta give pontiacgp props for noticing you had "disguised" heads on it in the first place). But I don't remember whether you mentioned that you had roller rockers on that engine, so I naturally don't remember what you may have mentioned about the cam, nor any of the other go-fast things you've done to the engine. Have I just forgotten these details from your build thread, or have you been keeping secrets? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers - Gary

Thanks Gary.
Short answer? I’ve been keeping secrets from y’all. :D

Well, not really. And certainly not intentionally. I just haven’t covered that aspect of the build on the thread yet.

I had fully intended to sooner, but then got carried away with coping with the fallout from the vinyl roof removal. That in itself snowballed on me and here we are, with the details on the drivetrain still having not been addressed yet.

If there’s enough interest in seeing what was done with the drivetrain sooner rather than later, you guys let me know on my build thread.
Then I’ll figure out a way to work it into the middle of the bodywork updates.

That way I don’t muddy up this thread any further...

Thanks for the inquiry!

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
MrSony, I don't have the codes stamped on the 8.5" axles memorized. Mind telling us what those alphanumerics tell us, and what did the axle come from? While you're at it, where'd you find those treasures? Craigslist?

Cheers - Gary
3TP, 3.42 Posi 8.5 10 bolt out of an 87 GN. All the other stuff the guy just had lying around. Paid a grand for the rear (complete drum to drum, posi and original gears intact), 50 for the swaybars, and $30 for everything else. Oh, I found it on facebook marketplace. I think soon facebook might end up being more popular than CL to sell on. It's easier by far to post stuff.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor