What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I took a drive to watch my grandson's hockey game and on the way there I smelt something burning and thought it must be a car or truck in front of me. The arena is about 12 miles past the road my son's house is on. About 1/2 mile before I my son't road I head a little bang and my volt gauge went to 12 and power steering went. I always have a spare serpentine belt in the trunk but when I opened the hood i realized it was the belt that was burning, the tension pulley was seized. I let the car cool a bit and drove the GP to my son's place where I have my spare parts, by the time I got there the temperature was just creeping past 230° on the GP so that wasn't bad having no water pump. I jumped in the Jeep to catch the game and then returned to install the spare tensioner and belt. I was lucky it happened when it did so I didn't need a tow and it's a quick 10 minute fix. Now I have to replace those spare parts for the next time...:)

Never a dull moment with you, eh?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

sixty7rs

Apprentice
Sep 17, 2015
Chicago
As much as i would like an 871 sticking out of the hood it will be centrifugal.

Easy to drive and cruise.

The engine in the car now is just to much for the street.

That along with the manual trans and Long Island/ / NY idiots I can't even get out of 3rd gear.

Root,root,root... you can barely notice it sticking out of the hood on my car.
255D5417-95E2-4480-B315-BC7F6EC0C30A.png

Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor