What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Cherry Pie, the record that was supposed to be Uncle Tom's Cabin. Great record other than Cherry Pie. R.I.P. Janie Lane.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Cherry Pie, the record that was supposed to be Uncle Tom's Cabin. Great record other than Cherry Pie. R.I.P. Janie Lane.
He was an incredible songwriter in his own right...RIP

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I need to start the "What did you do to your G-body this WEEK thread?", can't get hardly anything done in a day! Monday/Tuesday-Installed Moog 5660 springs in the front,too tall, raised 1/2" from stock.. Wednesday/Thursday-Removed and cut 1/2 coil, reinstalled, maybe OK, 1/2" ? lower than stock now. Need to tighten LA bolts and take measurements from same spot in the driveway. Friday, family stuff and drinking.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Monday/Tuesday-Installed Moog 5660 springs in the front,too tall, raised 1/2" from stock..

I'm always amused by people that install new springs in a 30+ year old car that complain they're taller than "stock". Usually it's the guys that are installing lowering springs. The thing is, the "stock" springs these guys are comparing the new ones to are used up, worn out and saggy. Almost all of these cars had a considerable gap from the top of the tire to the wheelwell opening when new.

I put 5660s in my wagon, ended up right where I wanted it to be....rocker level to the ground front to back.

a4XAOU.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I'm always amused by people that install new springs in a 30+ year old car that complain they're taller than "stock". Usually it's the guys that are installing lowering springs. The thing is, the "stock" springs these guys are comparing the new ones to are used up, worn out and saggy. Almost all of these cars had a considerable gap from the top of the tire to the wheelwell opening when new.

I put 5660s in my wagon, ended up right where I wanted it to be....rocker level to the ground front to back.

a4XAOU.jpg
That is why I went with drop spindles. My car road nice and I have a v6. I did not know what spring would give me the hight I wanted. Drop spindles create some fitment issues with some wheels though.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017

a4XAOU.jpg
I suspected the 5660's may make the front taller than stock, but did not want to cut them before getting a baseline measurement. Then I could trim them to my preferred height. I wanted the increased spring rate in addition to hitting a height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor