Status
Not open for further replies.

sixty7rs

Apprentice
Sep 17, 2015
Chicago
19 degrees here in Chicago so since I can’t work on the real thing
I decide to build a me miniature....
F438CB07-84D9-4496-8881-2E5B683DF346.jpeg 789558B9-F448-4264-A0C2-BE8D57BA0BC9.jpeg 01147709-C19A-4185-B1E6-E940102844D8.jpeg 50B85FEE-B278-49E3-9CB1-2CE125093552.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
A few days ago I finally got around to putting in my new headliner. It was a Christmas gift from a relative and was ordered from Rock Auto. It was already fabric covered and matched perfectly. Took me a few hours and I think I spent more time putting on the old sunvisors. Found out I need to replace them also.

Ordered a new starter from Rock Auto and that will go in soon. My starter in the car is the original and has been starting(no pun intended!) to act up.

Also ordered a new set of floor mats from Original Parts Group that were on sale. They are the fabric kind and looked good. Cannot wait to put them in to replace my old ones that are way past due.

So with the new headliner and mats I am finally getting a few cosmetic things done I had to put off due to family medical issues the last few years.

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
RockAuto has noticed the number of times it is cited on this website. Visit the For Sale tab...
o_O

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I thought about how I am going to have about 3.5 weeks of leave to work on it over the holidays starting in a few hours.

Now should I do rust repair or build an engine for the Monte? ;) Engine. :D

Reactions: 3 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Finished all my body mount locations on the frame, notched the frame for the LT1 Impala compressor, pulled the clamshells out (why would GM make it sooooo difficult to access motor mount bolts?) Installed the new urethane mounts. Waiting on the brown truck to bring my hellwig reinforcement kit and UMI notch kit.
IMG_0009.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: 7 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nothing left to really be done until after the holidays. Maybe this winter I might actually get the heat working. Still can't drive it far. Has 3 bad tires (2 bald :rolleyes::rolleyes:) and one with a split from hopping a curb due to a piece of sh*t in a Taurus trying to kill me. I also need to install the front springs and shocks, and while I'm under there I might as well get some BJs (heh), end links, bushings for all 8 control arms, bushings for the thicker sway bar, install the rear sway bar, get the GN rear under there, new driveshaft, new transmission and TC, some exhaust, rebuild the carb I have on the shelf... It's gonna be a while. But, it runs. That's what's important. Building an engine is the make or break part of building a car. Often times it's the most expensive and time consuming part, especially if it goes wrong. It runs good, really good. So I'm happy with that.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Nothing left to really be done until after the holidays. Maybe this winter I might actually get the heat working. Still can't drive it far. Has 3 bad tires (2 bald :rolleyes::rolleyes:) and one with a split from hopping a curb due to a piece of sh*t in a Taurus trying to kill me. I also need to install the front springs and shocks, and while I'm under there I might as well get some BJs (heh), end links, bushings for all 8 control arms, bushings for the thicker sway bar, install the rear sway bar, get the GN rear under there, new driveshaft, new transmission and TC, some exhaust, rebuild the carb I have on the shelf... It's gonna be a while. But, it runs. That's what's important. Building an engine is the make or break part of building a car. Often times it's the most expensive and time consuming part, especially if it goes wrong. It runs good, really good. So I'm happy with that.
Break that overhaul into small bites. Don't blow it all apart. Keep it rolling.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor