Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Finished all my body mount locations on the frame, notched the frame for the LT1 Impala compressor, pulled the clamshells out (why would GM make it sooooo difficult to access motor mount bolts?) Installed the new urethane mounts. Waiting on the brown truck to bring my hellwig reinforcement kit and UMI notch kit. View attachment 78595

I hope to see a thread on the install. Thinking of both those uprgades.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Finished all my body mount locations on the frame, notched the frame for the LT1 Impala compressor, pulled the clamshells out (why would GM make it sooooo difficult to access motor mount bolts?) Installed the new urethane mounts. Waiting on the brown truck to bring my hellwig reinforcement kit and UMI notch kit. View attachment 78595
Nice work. While it's fresh in your mind, what type of setup did you use to get on the backups (nuts) inside the frame? I put new mounts on mine while I had the control arms off. I went back with stock replacement mounts (Anchor). I recently saw pagrunt had a bad time with the same mounts. He couldn't get the bolt holes in the upper clamshells to match up with the new lower mounts. He had to break the lower mounts loose, set the engine down, stab the motor mount bolts through the clamshells and lower mounts, and then tighten the lower mounts back to the frame. I'm worried I'll have to do the same.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Nice work. While it's fresh in your mind, what type of setup did you use to get on the backups (nuts) inside the frame? I put new mounts on mine while I had the control arms off. I went back with stock replacement mounts (Anchor). I recently saw pagrunt had a bad time with the same mounts. He couldn't get the bolt holes in the upper clamshells to match up with the new lower mounts. He had to break the lower mounts loose, set the engine down, stab the motor mount bolts through the clamshells and lower mounts, and then tighten the lower mounts back to the frame. I'm worried I'll have to do the same.
In Energy Susupensions instructions (that I willfully igored) says to leave them loose using the included zip ties to hold the steel halves together enough the drop the upper mounts on & then tighten up the lower mount bolt. If the transmission is not in/going in with the engine I would suggest leaving the lower bolts loose until the transmission mount is snugged up (but allows movement to get the engine centered.) This is way easier with out front sheetmetal (I'm working with just the frame.) I also have it bolts going thru the underside so I wouldn't fight with lining up the nut in a blind hole (O.E. was this way.)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
In Energy Susupensions instructions (that I willfully igored) says to leave them loose using the included zip ties to hold the steel halves together enough the drop the upper mounts on & then tighten up the lower mount bolt. If the transmission is not in/going in with the engine I would suggest leaving the lower bolts loose until the transmission mount is snugged up (but allows movement to get the engine centered.) This is way easier with out front sheetmetal (I'm working with just the frame.) I also have it bolts going thru the underside so I wouldn't fight with lining up the nut in a blind hole (O.E. was this way.)
What did you use to get in there with the control arms installed? A long wrench?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I went thru the LCA front mount oppenig used extentions & a swivel socket with good light to see the bottom bolts, the upper bolts I used a regular & a offset box wrenches in thru the access hole in the top front of the front crossmember (believe the fuel line holes.) I should of taken pictures but I never think about it when I get ready to do any work.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
The Elco has been running pretty badly lately so I got some new plugs today (the old ones look rough) and put a can of seafoam in the gas tank to clean the system out. Put in a new air filter too. Might borrow my uncles timing light and see if I can tune the engine up a little more later this week.

3 times today I had to beat the starter to get the car to crank; I think it's time for a new one lmao. Gonna hit Advanced Auto and see if they have any on hand
AC774331-69B2-4B2E-B5C0-293D3047C9FD.jpeg

7E6CA5DC-0AA3-4177-9E90-D5FAC4EAF72F.jpeg
1250772B-45CC-458A-A6D1-5796B46DD6CD.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
The Elco has been running pretty badly lately so I got some new plugs today (the old ones look rough) and put a can of seafoam in the gas tank to clean the system out. Put in a new air filter too. Might borrow my uncles timing light and see if I can tune the engine up a little more later this week.

3 times today I had to beat the starter to get the car to crank; I think it's time for a new one lmao. Gonna hit Advanced Auto and see if they have any on hand
View attachment 78632
View attachment 78630 View attachment 78631

A few years ago I had some gas go bad and the Seafoam did the trick for me too. Car was running like crap and after running the treated tank of gas it ran like it use to.

After the seafoam tank of gas runs through you might want to change the fuel filter. Mine was really dirty from the deposits getting cleaned out.

Good luck.

LukeZ

G-Body Guru
Apr 24, 2015
Delaware
A few years ago I had some gas go bad and the Seafoam did the trick for me too. Car was running like crap and after running the treated tank of gas it ran like it use to.

After the seafoam tank of gas runs through you might want to change the fuel filter. Mine was really dirty from the deposits getting cleaned out.

Good luck.
I'll make sure I check the filter after I go through this tank of gas. I have an in-line see-thru thing so it'll be easy to check. Thanks for the heads up

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had to replace the thermocouple in my garage heater so I could actually do some work on my Regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor