What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
It was a beautiful day here and the Wagon was absolutely filthy and no time to hose ti down. So I took it through the car wash for the first time ever and now I know where EVERY leak is on the thing. LOL! Mostly door seals which I can live with and WILL live with.

Then I drove it to the local indoor ISCA Piston Powered Auto Rama here in Cleveland..... but of course, it was parked outside.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Went to the junkyard today. Scored the elusive (and almost always scrapped or broken) 231 NA V6 alternator/ac compressor bracket (which I mocked up on my other 350 Buick), fender to core support braces, and some misc. bolts and ac brackets. All for $37.10! When I got home, I realized apparently not all g bodies have holes for the braces in the same place, so I had to get creative. When I got em on, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I went to shut the hood and *clunk*. ^$*#! Then took a 3 lb hammer and gently massaged them to where the hood would close. I also went to my local sears (which is one of like... 4?ish that are left in the state) and got a free replacement 1/2 drive ratchet, and bought a 3/8 flex ratchet for them damn jounce bar frame holes. I found myself wishing I had one enough times to warrant spending $25 on a ratchet. I'll be back to the yard within a week or so to get the jounce bars, and any other bits I think I may need.

Attachments

• v6bracket.jpg
    v6bracket.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 144
  • v6bracket2.jpg
    v6bracket2.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 137
  • braces1.jpg
    braces1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 141
  • braces2.jpg
    braces2.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 149
  • braces3.jpg
    braces3.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Finally started on prepping the gauge housing for paint
Snapchat-1004661363.jpg
Snapchat-1722376352.jpg
Snapchat-1938643060.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I went to Kenny U Pull today and grabbed steering shafts, 2 from 95 Jeep Grand Cherokees and 2 from Safari vans. I will post some pictures when they are all cleaned up.

I was surprised to see an 81 Regal, and an 85 4 door Cutlass. Both were in really rough shape however.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor