What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
how the hell did you warp your flexplate?
I have no idea. Only thing I can think of is when I put that transmission in, I kinda dropped it, and as well as mashing my left index finger, I think it may have caught on the flex plate, kind of bending it. I doubt it though, as it just started making the noise a few days ago. All the bolts were tight, I don't know what it was hitting or scraping against to make the noise, but said noise is gone and the flexplate was definitely bad, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Or perhaps it was bent when I got it (bought it from TA Performance), and it got worse over time?
I don't know. The engine shaking, moreso than usual, is gone now, being as Buicks are externally balanced.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Finally installed the astro shaft, or at least temporarily since I clocked this one wrong. I didn't have the Cutlass present when I modified it, so I still need to mod another one.
20180420_135556.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Dropped the trans pan, yuk!! Fluid is burnt and really dark. Replaced the filter, filled it up and drove for a couple hours then drain and filled it again. It's shifting a little better now but I'm guessing I will have to drain and fill a couple more times to get the fluid clean.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I took a ride up to the junkyard to see if I could find a motor for my Regal. They had two Buick 350s, both locked up tight as could be, a 305 Chevy in a 79 Regal that supposedly drove into the yard, a ton of Vortec SBCs. Apparently I just missed a good running carb'd 350 Chevy that was in a Monte Carlo.

Nothing I really had to have. The search continues.
Which yard & do they have any other goodies for our cars?

Nov 4, 2012
Which yard & do they have any other goodies for our cars?

Millerstown Pic A Part. It's usually good to average, but everything was really picked through on this last trip. On average maybe 5-10 G Bodies or older GMs at a minimum. The best yard for old stuff is Feezles though. I know of a few others if you are looking for places.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Millerstown Pic A Part. It's usually good to average, but everything was really picked through on this last trip. On average maybe 5-10 G Bodies or older GMs at a minimum. The best yard for old stuff is Feezles though. I know if i few others if you are looking for places.
I haven't been there for awhile (few years back they had a Monte with perfect black seat belts, go back the following week some dick cut them for no reason.) Another good place I usally hit (haven't been there in about 2 years) is Renick's on 308 in Butler, he keeps the older stuff as long as he can. I do miss the yard that was at Babcock Blvd & Evergreen Rd. Even used to hit Hosek Mt. Troy Rd, the yards along the river in McKees Rocks.

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
So, for the first time all month it hadn't snowed, rained, or been 40 degrees or less, we got the car out of winter storage!
Pulled the cover off, checked the fluids and hooked up the battery.
Spun it over for 20 secs or so, then 2 pumps of the pedal and the mighty 260 roared to life!:LOL:
Slight tick till one last lifter pumped up, let it warm up and drove it home.
Now the fun begins....
April 2018 Awake.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 12 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor