What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
View attachment 88276 View attachment 88274 View attachment 88275 Put my rally wheels on today. I’m going to put a different set of rear springs on and see if it will lower it an inch or two in the back. Going to pressure check the cooling system tomorrow and see exactly where my coolant leak is.
Hopefully get it straightened out this weekend. timo22
Where the heck did you find those wheels? I don't think I have ever seen them. 14 or 15"?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
FED9CC70-CC5B-4556-A630-C17A1204E6DD.jpeg
1E0D8E4A-0C42-44B0-BCF1-C09853189488.jpeg
They are 14”. Got them at the junkyard off of a third gen firebird. I had a set of factory chrome five spoke Pontiac rally’s but they looked like cragars and looked too sporty. Got these firebird wheels for 40.00. I wouldn’t have got them unless they had the centers. A little sandblast and paint! I think they fit the bonneville nicely.
timo22

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
got the rear brakes disassembled, both wheel cylinders were shot, and one didnt even have a retaining clip on it. Brake line broke when breaking the fitting on the drivers side loose. But i got my new parking brake cables installed and will be ordering the s10 wheel cylinders that people recommend and the Raybestos brackets since the clip/Ring design seems pretty poor

Reactions: 1 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
well last night finally got the rotors, calipers, spindles, springs, and lower control arms off the front as well as unbolted all the front steering linkage. going tonight to remove the brake lines, upper control arms and then this weekend, clean and repaint the frame rails and get all the new moog parts back in. planning to have it back as a roller by next weekend. then i can start on the wiring nightmare before i drop in the 455

Reactions: 4 users

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
Got my headers ordered to replace the busted exhaust manifold. Then i need to clean up
the starter and make sure it is ok.

Reactions: 3 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I got coolant put back into the engine and the ignition timed. Let it run long enough to learn its idle and get the thermostat to open. I have an O2 sensor ordered for the exhaust manifold, but it won't be here until next Friday.

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
It is far from clean or pretty, but the wiring is all sorted out and loomed under the hood. I still have a few things to connect inside the car before the dash can be buttoned up, but I hope to have it on the road by Monday.

IMG_20180511_020611.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Took El C to Cairo antique car rally. 2 other g bodys and an A body. Nice run through the county and decided not to stay for lunch so saw local upholstery shop open as I need a little help on mine. Spoke to him about a few things and saw his work so I have a good feeling. Well worth the time and good to talk to another old hippie:).
All parts in for rear end swap. Painted and ready to go. Will probably pull door panels to do some work as car will be down for a bit.
El C ran great on 60 mile or so poker run and saw a few nice cars. Talked to like minded people so all good

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor