What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Drove the wagon across the city for work last night. And along the way a bunch of reddish liquid appeared on my windshield. At first I thought it was transmission fluid and quickly looked for a cloud of smoke behind me. Nothing. Car was running fine too. Then it started to dry and I noticed a bunch of crud in it. Did someone hit my car with a jam sandwich? Nope. When I got to the office I found a massive splotch of colourful bird sh*t on the hood - which had exploded up the length of the car.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Drove the wagon across the city for work last night. And along the way a bunch of reddish liquid appeared on my windshield. At first I thought it was transmission fluid and quickly looked for a cloud of smoke behind me. Nothing. Car was running fine too. Then it started to dry and I noticed a bunch of crud in it. Did someone hit my car with a jam sandwich? Nope. When I got to the office I found a massive splotch of colourful bird sh*t on the hood - which had exploded up the length of the car.
What a treat!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Mulberry trees around here. Purple sh*t. Sucks.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yesterday I spotted an 81-83 Regal in a lot all the way down a side street. Guy was turning it in to a dirt car, sold me his bumper for $25. Pretty damn nice piece all things considered. Has some rot, I've since cut it out. I assume it was the mouse nest in there that caused it, and the piss. Had a hell of a time getting the face bar to reinforcement carriage bolts out. I slotted them with an angle grinder just enough to get a screwdriver in there. Got all but 3 out, had to turn in. Tomorrow, providing it's not f*cking raining, I will continue with removal, clean/degrease both parts, wire wheel the hardware, the backside of the bumper face, and the support front and back. Then hoot them semigloss black and put em back together and put the bumper on after I polish it up with some fine steel wool. It's all I got.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 165
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 147
  • bumper3.jpg
    bumper3.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yesterday I spotted an 81-83 Regal in a lot all the way down a side street. Guy was turning it in to a dirt car, sold me his bumper for $25. Pretty damn nice piece all things considered. Has some rot, I've since cut it out. I assume it was the mouse nest in there that caused it, and the piss. Had a hell of a time getting the face bar to reinforcement carriage bolts out. I slotted them with an angle grinder just enough to get a screwdriver in there. Got all but 3 out, had to turn in. Tomorrow, providing it's not f*cking raining, I will continue with removal, clean/degrease both parts, wire wheel the hardware, the backside of the bumper face, and the support front and back. Then hoot them semigloss black and put em back together and put the bumper on after I polish it up with some fine steel wool. It's all I got.
Speed holes! (y)

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Bought a new NAPA battery and planning trunk relocation shortly.

sixty7rs

Apprentice
Sep 17, 2015
Chicago
Entered the burn out contest Sunday at the Super Chevy Show, forgot to turn up the rev limiter (wife drives the car)
didn’t win the brand new set of nitto tires
DFFF4F1C-87FE-4467-8EB2-60BD866EB7F1.png
6C9CD9E6-CB08-49F9-AF54-B7504536F743.png
BAC3663E-B4CD-4411-8294-E91FE7DC617B.png

• In Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

RG383Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2015
Got the qtr windows cleaned up and disassembled. Prepped the metal trim, based black then cleared. Cleaned up the rubber window seals. Need to get some light scratches polished out of glass before reassembling window and installing on car. 61C5D33E-5CDB-4D9C-860B-4FBB89D13695.jpeg 518236ED-851A-4C17-B632-8EBDE9B46F48.jpeg 4F3F7358-1399-477D-BDAA-E320AA484F25.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor