What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Got pretty much accomplished this morning. My grandson came along to help me. He taped off both rear wheel housings and undercoated them. I tacked the flaps in the trunk ( had to cut for access to body mounts) and then filled with seam sealer. Then the grandson put a some undercoat on the trunk. He really did a good job.
Here is what else we accomplished.
Attached front bumper ends
Installed front air deflector
Installed column shift linkage
Hooked parking brake up
Installed gas tank and hoses
Put rear bumper on
Installed license plate holder and taillights
I should have taken pics (will later) but got to cleaning up my area. I’m doing this at my job so I try and keep stuff laying around to a minimum .
Next weekend blazer brakes, front springs and shocks. Then engine wiring and bracket hook up.
timo22

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Pulled the rear bumper and started fabbing plates/brackets for a frame cross brace. My bumper shocks are RUSTY! I'm going to grab a piece of 2" schedule 80 at work Monday and build solid bumper mounts.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Continued "painting" the wagon after the four door cars frustrating trans issues make me not want to play with it.

IMG_20180414_142633422_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
102_7441.JPG
IMG_0559.jpg
IMG_0560.jpg
IMG_0561.jpg
IMG_0564.jpg
Got around to unboxing stuff for rear end change to a 9" 370 ratio with rear disc. Waiting for chunk and proportioning valve. Long way from bottom pic 10 years ago
102_7441.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

MTP-Madmat

Apprentice
Feb 27, 2018
Swapped the carburetor back to the edelbrock. Had build a Holley a few months ago thinking we needed more fuel for the 400 but the float kept sticking. Also fabed up a new correction bracket for a 700R4 TV cable. It’s not pretty but only needs to work for one race next week. Then the real fun starts, getting rid of the auto-tragic and installing a T-56 magnum. Will definitely be posting pics of the swap.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor