What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
hurst2018.JPG

First day back at work after putting HEI Distributor and Carb on the car. Runs good so far still have few minor issues to work out.

Reactions: 12 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
71B68AF7-E1AA-4AA2-8908-E443FD6D323E.jpeg
I’d like to make an announcement.... Another Gbody is now roadworthy!!! Although I’m not totally done, it is running and driving very nicely. I still need to put a different dash bezel and radio in it but otherwise it’s good to go.
Fortunately, I was able to redo the car at my job. I wheeled it in January 15th and proceeded to tear it apart. It was going to be a junkyard build replacing the worn out Buick 3.8 with a Chevy 305 that I had . I also had a turbo350 and a 273 posi that I put in it. Well it turned into a frame off due to brake, fuel and emission lines. Then of course 4 frame mounts and 2 body mounts. I have never done a frame off before but I must say , I loved it and learned a lot.
Although I did 95% of the work by myself, I had help from my buddy Gary , who is a great mechanic and body man, my grandson Adair and my gbuddy Andre.
I pretty much worked Saturday and Sundays and 4 months to the day, it is ready for the road!
timo22

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
View attachment 88597 I’d like to make an announcement.... Another Gbody is now roadworthy!!! Although I’m not totally done, it is running and driving very nicely. I still need to put a different dash bezel and radio in it but otherwise it’s good to go.
Fortunately, I was able to redo the car at my job. I wheeled it in January 15th and proceeded to tear it apart. It was going to be a junkyard build replacing the worn out Buick 3.8 with a Chevy 305 that I had . I also had a turbo350 and a 273 posi that I put in it. Well it turned into a frame off due to brake, fuel and emission lines. Then of course 4 frame mounts and 2 body mounts. I have never done a frame off before but I must say , I loved it and learned a lot.
Although I did 95% of the work by myself, I had help from my buddy Gary , who is a great mechanic and body man, my grandson Adair and my gbuddy Andre.
I pretty much worked Saturday and Sundays and 4 months to the day, it is ready for the road!
timo22
Four months! Light speed! Awesome work Tim!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Thanks Jared , but my attention to detail is not close to the level as you and your GP. This car was built to handle the rigors of everyday driving. Although the frame and body are pretty much coated and rust free, the exterior will not be repainted. It has all of the F41 upgrades, Monte SS steering box, Blazer brakes, new lines, ball joints, springs , shocks and body bushings .
It’s definitely not fast(305) but it is a vast improvement when compared to the V6 . Perfect for an everyday cruiser.
A few more tweaks and it’s on to the el Camino for my grandson. timo22

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks Jared , but my attention to detail is not close to the level as you and your GP. This car was built to handle the rigors of everyday driving. Although the frame and body are pretty much coated and rust free, the exterior will not be repainted. It has all of the F41 upgrades, Monte SS steering box, Blazer brakes, new lines, ball joints, springs , shocks and body bushings .
It’s definitely not fast(305) but it is a vast improvement when compared to the V6 . Perfect for an everyday cruiser.
A few more tweaks and it’s on to the el Camino for my grandson. timo22
Tim, I really admire how much you got done in such a short period of time. That's a nice car you built and you're already enjoying it. Awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice work, Tim.
I agree with Jared, you've accomplished the build in record time. Looks like a nice comfortable cruiser with all the right upgrades.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor