What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackout79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2016
Michigan
I looked at it a few weeks ago...too many little odds and ends on it for me.I already have one anyway.Really looking for a 442.Congrats it is a pretty solid car.
yeah, I noticed a few things
I looked at it a few weeks ago...too many little odds and ends on it for me.I already have one anyway.Really looking for a 442.Congrats it is a pretty solid car.
Thanks, I was looking for a 442 as well when I found this. If i see one around for sale I will let you know.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Carb is tuned perfect. One pump, *click* vwroom. doodoodoodoodoodoodoodoo.
No more feathering. I adjusted the choke pulloff on a cold start until the engine idled the best. Seems to have worked. Was 40* when I moved it for the roofers. Starts like new.

Reactions: 3 users

Blackout79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2016
Michigan
looked at it and I think I better get it covered before the snow falls. But I will get the good scoop mounted today. :unsure:(y)

Attachments

• 20181017_074335.jpg
    20181017_074335.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: 1 users

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
They're calling for snow here in NY this week too. :cautious:
Got the 85 almost back together after paint.
IMG_2265.jpg IMG_2269.jpg IMG_2268.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Drove to the store.
Just can't believe how easy it starts now with the adjustments I made. Its like fuel injection.

Reactions: 4 users

Nomad87Monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2018
Took Twisted Betty out for the the last time this year. Was a good ride. Now it’s time to start some various projects on her over winter. Lol.

43779aaf65694d850e464e2a173e03e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Finally got ford 9 inch in the car. Went with a 370 gear that matches up quite well with the Muncie. Wayyyy more fun to drive. Had a some issues with a couple of mis-machined yokes from the factory and the emergency brake hook up. Still not happy with it but will use it and think about it some. I went 2 inches wider and installed a rear sway bay. Handling improvement is very noticeable. Did the rear disc swap and braking has improved. performance unlimited has a great product and service but they did stumble with initially sending me a stock width rear end and the yokes. I think they also could do a better job with the emergency brake hook up as we had to adapt Ford Explorer brake cables to it. All in all I am happy and just need more horsepower

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor