What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Yeah I knew dick all about chainsaws but lately have been Youtubing the shjt out of them to make sure I don't use it like a retard and fvck myself up. Such a useful tool to have and so easy to tune.

They are a lot of fun to run too. I fix and sell a lot of them. I've got close to a dozen in my personal collection 🙂

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
They are a lot of fun to run too. I fix and sell a lot of them. I've got close to a dozen in my personal collection 🙂
I love my chainsaws!!!! Mine are all old school Stihl mid 90s and back my oldest is an 050 with a 36" bar built 1968 I've got a 029 super , 031av, 015 , 010 and my favorite is a 038 Magnum with a 24"bar and a big bore kit .... Just reading this I think I may have a problem lol well I can't own guns here

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I love my chainsaws!!!! Mine are all old school Stihl mid 90s and back my oldest is an 050 with a 36" bar built 1968 I've got a 029 super , 031av, 015 , 010 and my favorite is a 038 Magnum with a 24"bar and a big bore kit .... Just reading this I think I may have a problem lol well I can't own guns here

I've got a few too many to list. Working on a 562xp right now that got run over by a skid steer. Broke nearly everything but the crankshaft, the top end, and the carb, including both the case halves. I've already found most of the parts to put it back together, just need a fuel tank and a top cover now.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Finished up the ye old steps.

And yeah I spent more time scratching my head on how to put it together than actually building it, and that included 3 hours of CAD time on the computer.

Code says steps need a railing if its over 30". This is 28". It looks OK without railings and I'm lazy and its another $100 to put one on, so its going railing less for now. I'll see if anyone complains that I have to put one on.

1592237491147.png

1592237534058.png

1592237546244.png

1592237554599.png

1592237562730.png

Reactions: 12 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I've got a few too many to list. Working on a 562xp right now that got run over by a skid steer. Broke nearly everything but the crankshaft, the top end, and the carb, including both the case halves. I've already found most of the parts to put it back together, just need a fuel tank and a top cover now.
Sounds like my 038 it spent a week submerged in salt water during hurricane Sandy that's how it ended up with a big bore kit

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
FI Tech Update

So I ran what I set up for a day or so and found that while the throttle response and idle had cleaned up, cold starts had gotten a little harder with some hesitation before staying fired. Went back to the AFR tables and tweaked the AFR ever so slightly richer for cold/start idle. Also richened the Desired AFR from just over 14 back to 13.9 or so. At this point I am almost playing with fractions of a percentage to get to that sweet spot. It did run well this pm but curb idle seemed high so back to the tables after work to tweak them at little more. The IAC seems to be more responsive and stop-go stupidity in commuter traffic isn't resulting in stumbles or bogs like it used to. The plan here, like before, is to drive it under typical and normal?? conditions for a little while and observe how things have changed and in which direction.

FI Tech has deliberately set its parameters for AFR between 9 and 14.5 which I would think is a very narrow band but since I do not want to lean out this motor to the point of hurting it I am trying to be very cautious about how much of what I dial in. Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and humid so I will see how it runs under that type of weather.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not sure what you are suggesting but have noticed a variance between desired and actual. Trick would be to get them as close as possible; bearing in mind that actual AFR is prone to tend to vary due to load put on the motor due to acceleration and braking. Also I am not making my tweaks with an actual AFR map in front of me. I think it is possible but would require a laptop and the matching software, plus dyno time and muy mas dinero $$$$.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor