What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Finished painting my shed, so thats pretty much the end of the shed project.

Before:
20200324_135509.jpg
20200324_135626.jpg

After:
20200622_142409.jpg
20200622_142422.jpg
20200622_142647.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
After dinner I tossed the whole fam-damly into the HellKitty and went for a cruise. The town has moved to a lapping of main street model rather than the normal hard park cruise nights. The girls had fun hearing the blower whine and feeling the rush of acceleration.

Played with the Launch Control set at 4500rpms too... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Now I get to take it all back apart to ready it for the drags this weekend.

Reactions: 8 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
No pics but I did paint our shed too on lockdown with the covids. It's an 8x8x8 cube that I put up with a 4/3 pitched roof back in Fall of 2018. It was primered close to the color of the house so was super easy to ignore all that time. Today I made some progress on the CTSV. I kept seeing -24% fuel trims and figured it just had to be the injectors before. Today I disabled fuel trims and set everything else up to do VVE and the car was cruising close to stoich right off the bat so I was immediately confident that we'd be able to make some headway and we did. The cruising stuff is looking much better, but the little bit of effort I put into the WOT stuff isn't quite showing just yet. It was waaay lean at WOT boost and I know for a fact that the headers are to blame. I saw a 30kpa drop in boost after he put the headers on. Now he's flowing way more air in a load cell that delivers a lot less fuel. We've got a ways to go, but I'm super encouraged after today's findings. The couple times I was able to lay into it we about went back in time. He's going to need stickier tires. We'll knock out another quick round or 2 tomorrow. The way the software smooths everything out is pretty slick, but I think I need to do more learning on it too because it's way different that modifying a traditional VE map.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm either a bad influence or a good friend.

I sent my buddy a list of parts he needs to get his '71 383 satellite running and he balked and the list and I told him to stop being a cheaparse and buy a new fuel pump and plug wires. He realized they were $15 and did my bidding, lol. Got this message this morning and told him good job :)

I don't know why I want to work on someone else's pos but I kinda do. I keep trying to convince him to take it as is on a stop or two of power tour this summer if it happens, street machine stripe, cragars, dents, rust and all.

received_1438664253011516.png

IMG_20191103_172648.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

I sent my buddy a list of parts he needs to get his '71 383 satellite running and he balked and the list and I told him to stop being a cheaparse and buy a new fuel pump and plug wires. He realized they were $15 and did my bidding, lol. Got this message this morning and told him good job :)

I don't know why I want to work on someone else's pos but I kinda do. I keep trying to convince him to take it as is on a stop or two of power tour this summer if it happens, street machine stripe, cragars, dents, rust and all.

View attachment 149736
View attachment 149737
Keep going back and forth on a 71/72 restomod or doing a Typhoon, but really want to do either of those next myself

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa

View attachment 149736
View attachment 149737
Is it my eyes or does the rear side marker look like a '72 one?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Since autocross is pretty much not happening this year, I might as well enjoy the car differently.

1593046346544.png

If the weather cooperates I expect to be at the track on Sunday.

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Since autocross is pretty much not happening this year, I might as well enjoy the car differently.

View attachment 149797

That's really cool that you have a cruise scene on a Wednesday night.

I dressed all my sh*t up on the 442; we are now 2 step and line lock equipped. Vacuumed it out, and now I get to learn how to drive it all over again!

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Keep going back and forth on a 71/72 restomod or doing a Typhoon, but really want to do either of those next myself

These 71/72's are interesting. Kinda a love it or hate it body style. Thankfully they are better looking that the similar year dodge.

Is it my eyes or does the rear side marker look like a '72 one?

Probably. Car is a hodge podge of 71/72 stuff. It's a satellite sebring so it's got buckets, console and rally gages and the person he got it from had all the roadrunner clone stuff so it's got the rain catcher hood and dual rear exhaust valance off the car.

It was street machined out in the 80's so what happened to it then is a total mystery.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

View attachment 149797

Put the big fronts on and hit a road course. Per the googles, you have 10 to choose from in Ontario. Half of my races have a standing start anyway so I get my drag racing fix in that way minus a time slip. I can do without cuz I blow at standing starts anyway.

We did make another hack at the V today and I feel we did move forward some, but the big chunks were knocked out yesterday. Today was smaller tweaks, and I think I need to get smarter to get it better than it is in the cruise regions. With the WOT stuff, I'm just hitting a wall around 5000 RPM, it's heinous. Check out this snapshot of a nasty lean spike. It always happens at this RPM.

Brian Lean Spike.jpg

There's about 1.1 seconds transpiring between the lean spike initiating and either me lifting, or the car responding to me lifting. I'm none too sure why it goes so haywire here as you can see here in the VVE map there are no sudden changes.

Brian Lean Spike VVE.jpg

See the wee blue selected cell? There's nothing dramatic happening around it, yet the car takes a big @$$ $hit anywhere near that region despite me adding fuel to it. I suspect I'm hitting a limit somewhere with this thing and I'm going to shoot myself in the foot pursuing VVE beyond this point. The wideband pegs full lean here, not just off by an AFR point or 2. If I can get past this, we can dial in the fueling to the gnat's *ss and move onto timing which is where we make some real money. I also tweaked the torque table that's reported to the transmission and the shifts were night and day better. I think that one needs another tweak before I go after the actual shift timing tables. He's also taking this to a dyno shop so if I can get this thing where I want it to be I can compare me to someone who knows what they're doing as a sort of gauge of my abilities. What I'm expecting is they'll be able to produce a more refined VVE table WRT WOT stuff and I'll be left filling in the blanks elsewhere.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor