Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
KIMG1041.JPG
No projects this weekend. Just some R and R in wildwood NJ at a pet friendly motel with Janet Lauren and buddy. There's 1 full block of dog beach and dog bark in wildwood and we wore him out! Of course he wore me out too 😂
KIMG1029.JPG
KIMG1031.JPG
KIMG1032.JPG

He even got his own Burger.
KIMG1033.JPG
KIMG1034.JPG

He wasn't allowed in the pool area but he could see us from the room and he's more of a couch dog anyway
KIMG1038.JPG

It's always nice to see Lauren happy and she wanted to vacation with buddy so that's what we did of course he pulls like a truck and doesn't walk on a leash well so my arms and lower back are shot but it was worth it for the smiles
KIMG1041.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG1040.JPG
    KIMG1040.JPG
    950.3 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: 10 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Eewww.. I know that pain.

Parts are reasonable and the chassis has 260k on it so I'm not upset. I've put 80k on them and they weren't new when I got the thing so they likely have 100k+ the struts were factory when I changed them 30k ago so Im pretty sure the lowers do have 260k on them.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Parts are reasonable and the chassis has 260k on it so I'm not upset. I've put 80k on them and they weren't new when I got the thing so they likely have 100k+ the struts were factory when I changed them 30k ago so Im pretty sure the lowers do have 260k on them.

I am just talking about the process.

• Agree

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well it took 9 hours to finish it up today but it's back together and ready for an alignment.

Only broke one bolt which was fine since it was just an m6 brake hose bracket which I drilled and retapped fine.

Broke both the encapsulated nuts for the front of the LCA but the old ball joint nuts were the same size and I used those instead. Had to heat both the tapers for the strut mounts and one ball joint for them to come apart but otherwise it wasn't that crazy. An air hammer and fork would help obviously but it's not a tool I use enough to justify.

I didn't work super hard or straight through but it took all of a day. Doing the work without a lift sucks. I'm glad I don't do it every day!

But more cumbersome than a c clamp ball joint press but way less sketchy. Another one of dad's tools I borrowed and never returned....
IMG_20200712_131524.jpg

IMG_20200712_130630.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Vacation is over so far I've changed a set of mirrors on a doge truck picked up my trailer borrowed a skid steer cleaned up the parking on my dirt road moved firewood and about 6 yards of top soil. Just think it's only Sunday tomorrow I start working lol
KIMG1042.JPG

Truck towed ok but it's not like my last 2 gmt800 trucks of course one was an lbz and the other an 8.1 I now know why people put turbos on 6.0L s lol no balls up hill towing

Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Vacation is over so far I've changed a set of mirrors on a doge truck picked up my trailer borrowed a skid steer cleaned up the parking on my dirt road moved firewood and about 6 yards of top soil. Just think it's only Sunday tomorrow I start working lol
View attachment 151695
Truck towed ok but it's not like my last 2 gmt800 trucks of course one was an lbz and the other an 8.1 I now know why people put turbos on 6.0L s lol no balls up hill towing

Did you officially call it quits on the Burban? I was going to say you still have a turbo diesel right!?!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Did you officially call it quits on the Burban? I was going to say you still have a turbo diesel right!?!
Can't get a title so at the moment it's fate is undetermined but I will say I'm not spending another dime on it until I figure out what it's fate is

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor