What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Got a little more work done on my blasting rig today. Exhaust is all back together just need to extend the tailpipe to put on a rain flap because I didn't compensate for the new muffler being oval and the old one round so the exit sits lower in the machine. No big deal though I'll just slide a little pice on for the flap. I finally got to do a test run under pressure only to find I plumed it wrong and for some reason my dead man trigger isn't shutting off. I'm sure I'll figure it out though. I made a shopping list for home Depot for more fittings and another one for tractor supply. It was early so I went to tractor supply and picked up a few parts for the tailgate I need to build for it. Picked up some cat1 3 point pins to use for latches also got some round bar stock and some tubing to make a hinge. Friday the new truck got plugs wires 2 knock sensors 32 lug nuts and an intake manifold today it's misfiring again

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Got a little more work done on my blasting rig today. Exhaust is all back together just need to extend the tailpipe to put on a rain flap because I didn't compensate for the new muffler being oval and the old one round so the exit sits lower in the machine. No big deal though I'll just slide a little pice on for the flap. I finally got to do a test run under pressure only to find I plumed it wrong and for some reason my dead man trigger isn't shutting off. I'm sure I'll figure it out though. I made a shopping list for home Depot for more fittings and another one for tractor supply. It was early so I went to tractor supply and picked up a few parts for the tailgate I need to build for it. Picked up some cat1 3 point pins to use for latches also got some round bar stock and some tubing to make a hinge. Friday the new truck got plugs wires 2 knock sensors 32 lug nuts and an intake manifold today it's misfiring again
Blow a hole in the deck of the trailer, and blow the exhaust out on the ground.
Are you getting a P0300 random misfire? If you have a friend with a Tech II, do a crank sensor relearn. Stupidest thing I've ever seen... i would get a flashing CEL between 2500 and 2800rpm with a random misfire code. The relearn fixed it.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Had a long but fun day running saws with my buddy. We cut a whole lot of oak into some firewood sized rounds, and set up a few others for milling. I haven't had the saws out in probably a month or more so it was nice to get them out and make some chips.

20200802_174646.jpg

20200802_193311.jpg

20200802_164927.jpg

76c666c0eaafe9d6bf79ed7287ae7679.jpg

20200802_191001.jpg
20200802_191034.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Finally drove it home... first time it’s traveled that far in about 12 years.
1596417836318.png

Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Went back to work on the walkout side of our basement today. Quick backstory, I pulled the paneling off last year when there was a small leak, and ended up finding ants getting in too. We needed new basement windows because those leaked water too (thank you 55 year old house!)
Anyways, we paid for windows and a new door right before 'rona hit, but had to wait until a few weeks ago for install. Started putting up new paneling yesterday as we don't wanna frame this wall, and finished the boards today. Still have to trim out the baseboard and windows, but looks so much better than concrete! The lighting makes it look tan, but the paneling is white and grey hues....
20190623_110406.jpg
20190623_144237.jpg
20200802_165758.jpg

Reactions: 15 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
It was time for some overdue trailer maintenance. She got all the wheel bearings repacked and new decking on the dovetail.

IMG_20200802_224357.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
More house fun. Since spring time if it rains really hard we would get water in our basement. I knew it was inevitable we'd have to pull paneling, but have been hoping it would just quit lol!
Thursday it rained really really hard to the point the gutters were overflowing, and water showed up again. Sooooo, the wife pulled a couple pieces of paneling yesterday after I told here where the leak might be. Sure enough, small crack running all the way down to the floor.
This morning I got to it with a hammer and chisel, and opened up the crack for the hydraulic cement to adhere to. We mixed up a couple small batches and got it done. Hopefully it works,but have some wood and paneling to replace now yippee!!! View attachment 153415 View attachment 153416 View attachment 153417
Keep an eye on that. If it cracks again, you may need to see if the foundation is settling, or the ground below is moving.

Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Mom was in town again from NM, replaced a passenger lower control arm, and rear sway bar links. And for some reason there was a green hook thing on her rear sway bar. Looks like a shop light hook from the last time she had the oil changed. lol

also changed the oil and filter and filled it with gas. 2009 impala, damn clean for 170k miles.

Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Started some of the order for the ty...... blazer, still not sure which engine to source yet. But got the oil pan paid for so it will fit correctly, and some of the J55 calipers up front to stop good.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor