What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I had a few buddies who I worked with in IA from PA and they would haul cases of Yuengling back when they went home for holidays. I learned PA'ers veins must be like 3% yuengling or something for as much as they swore by it.

Not being from the NE I had never heard of it and got called uncultured by my PA buddies for never drinking the sweat nectar that is Yuengling.

I understand now it's an east coat thing.
I'm a PA oddity then, I never had a Yuengling in my drinking days. Only PA beer I drank was Iron City or (when it was) Rolling Rock.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I had a few buddies who I worked with in IA from PA and they would haul cases of Yuengling back when they went home for holidays. I learned PA'ers veins must be like 3% yuengling or something for as much as they swore by it.

Not being from the NE I had never heard of it and got called uncultured by my PA buddies for never drinking the sweat nectar that is Yuengling.

I understand now it's an east coat thing.

It's relatively good beer. Here on the western side of the state Iron City is the big local beer. Personally I think it's sh*t. Rolling Rock used to be another, but they were bought out by A-B about 10 years ago I think. I like Yuengling because it's not really a craft beer and you aren't deemed a hipster for drinking it, but they've still remained independent and family owned unlike Anheuser-Busch and Molson-Coors.

Nov 4, 2012
Every time I've gone TDY to the east coast someone goes gay for Yuengling and ends up mailing a bunch back to themselves. I equate it to people who go crazy for In N Out. I'll chug Yuengling all day, but I won't hunt it down because I need it in my life.

I'm not gay for it but it's readily available at any beer distributor, reasonably priced and it's good beer. If I couldn't get it at a nearby beer distributor, I'd find something else. I only have two rules when it comes to beer- no weird coffee-flavored-20% alcohol-organic craft beer sh*t, and no Sam Adam's because Boston sucks. Sorry New Englanders.

Rolling Rock.

Rolling Rock in pony bottles! Hell ya!

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm not gay for it but it's readily available at any beer distributor, reasonably priced and it's good beer. If I couldn't get it at a nearby beer distributor, I'd find something else. I only have two rules when it comes to beer- no weird coffee-flavored-20% alcohol-organic craft beer sh*t, and no Sam Adam's because Boston sucks. Sorry New Englanders.

Rolling Rock in pony bottles! Hell ya!

I'm mostly an IPA guy myself (an acquired taste no doubt), but when the weather turns cold I hunt down the browns and the stouts. Subsequently, I tend to blow out the workspace harder in the winter vs the summer. That said, I do not hesitate to pound a Coors Light or a PBR. PBR is a race track beer of choice actually.

Nov 4, 2012
I'm mostly an IPA guy myself (an acquired taste no doubt), but when the weather turns cold I hunt down the browns and the stouts. Subsequently, I tend to blow out the workspace harder in the winter vs the summer. That said, I do not hesitate to pound a Coors Light or a PBR. PBR is a race track beer of choice actually.

PBR used to be fun when it was cheap redneck beer. Now it's associated with hipsters and they took the fun out of it. In the same way they ruined light flannels shirts and Volvo 240s. Bastards.

Still keep in mind if you put a cold one in front of me I will happily drink it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
PBR used to be fun when it was cheap redneck beer. Now it's associated with hipsters and they took the fun out of it. In the same way they ruined light flannels shirts and Volvo 240s. Bastards.

Still keep in mind if you put a cold one in front of me I will happily drink it.

I do not regard hipsters as humans, so they do not affect my perception of PBR. I am with you though, it it's cold and there I'm going to drink it. Choices be damned.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Well your first mistake is working off of an energy drink or health water and not delicious alcohol.

In other news, I have been plugging away at my flipper truck. I popped out 2 freeze plugs and sh*t my pants for an extended period of time while expending zero effort since last October. I'd been thinking that I'd done way more damage than I had and I didn't want to own up to it. I was making a jumper harness to make a gasser GMT400 gas engine swap into a 6.5 diesel (turd) body and plugged the damned thing in not an hour after those plugs did ther thing. Thank Christ they did. Turns out the damage wasn't all that bad. A water pump and a QD fitting on the intake and I was set. At this point, I realized that my tstat was junk.

Given the choice, I choose what I want. If not, I default to what's there.

I don't drink, it's better for everyone that way.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I will own it, I don't drink much anymore but if I do I love the fruity beers. In the college days it was Key Ice which I then had to stop drinking and went to Key Pre or Busch Light. Then when I got fancy I went for Corona or Blue Moon.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Wasn't criticizing the beer per se. I blurred out at just trying to read the name and label. Made in Pottsville, Pa., to me means Pottsville, Pennsylvania. That's if you can read the fine print. What I got out of it was "Pottsylvania". Which, in turn, led me to that classic cartoon send up of the whole early Cold War shtick, "Rocky and Bullwinkle". Both characters spent many episodes over the years that that show ran, fighting the forces of evil as epitomized by their nemesis, Boris Badenov who came from, you guessed it, "Pottsylvania". Nothing too esoteric or weird, just an old time cartoon show from a time when cartoons were about slapstick comedy and offbeat humor, even if/though the writers and voice actors were on the FBI watch list and subjects of interest to the Senate Committee on Un-American Activities . Parody was one of the few ways that the writers and actors could do an end run around the whole business of censorship and the blacklisting that was prevalent during the decades immediately after WWII. Today, cartoons have to have some kind of moral or point to them and political correctness is a must. Any humor that happens to get included is almost an afterthought.

For me personally, I'll take "Moose and Squirrel" Ho-Boy. ( And don't forget Boris' sidekick, Natasha Fatalle.)

Oh, yeah, Rolling Rock, I have heard of.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor