What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Finally got back on the jeep to finish up the rad change, those jeeps take a long time to bleed the system. Maybe if I filled the system up by the bleeder like the instructions say it would not have taken so long. That Yaber booster pack I bought around 3 months ago was still 99% charged and the Jeep with a dead battery fired right up..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Drove it in the first snow of the year. Did good. Granted it was only an inch or so of slush. That 160hp in a 4200lb package aint gonna get me into no trouble.

Reactions: 2 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Had to replace the wiper motor on the Cop Vic. Jr. came out of trade school on a beautiful bright sunny day and fired it up. The car went all "Christine-like" immediately when the wipers went on full-speed and the windshield washers emptied the reservoir. He drove all the way home without being able to shut anything off. Had he called me, I would have had him pull the fuse, which is what I did when he got here. A quickie google search alerted me that this is a common problem when the drain holes in the cowl pan under the windshield clog up and the mini circuit board in the wiper motor gets wet and shorts out. Replaced the motor and cleaned everything out and he's good to go from here on.

Also changed out the little bypass hose from the thermostat housing to the water pump on the Olds 350 in my D88. It was looking ready to blow. With it all back together and running it to purge the air in the system, I was hearing some not nice noises coming from the original stock clutch fan. After shutting it off, I wiggled the fan and got a considerable amount of play in the fan clutch. So last night I ordered an AC Delco replacement. Summit had them in stock and it will likely be here by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
my dumbass ordered camper special shocks by mistake, rears use two through holes, "normal" rwd 250s use stud up top on the front and rear. So I only put the front shocks on (1000% improvement), a thermostat, screamed because the new sending unit I ****ing tested before installing in the tank stopped working as soon as I got the tank in and fastened up, despite me literally plugging it in a half hour before hand and seeing it work, and put an el cheapo Oreilly's dynomax muffler on.

did I mention that pos edelbrock is a pos? no? well it is. clearly worn slap out, definite throttle shaft leak, probably needs a kit, it's a ****ing 750 with a manual choke, so its too big and temperamental as **** when it's cold. As soon as I get the parts in that 403 olds qjet I have is going on.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
my dumbass ordered camper special shocks by mistake, rears use two through holes, "normal" rwd 250s use stud up top on the front and rear. So I only put the front shocks on (1000% improvement), a thermostat, screamed because the new sending unit I ****ing tested before installing in the tank stopped working as soon as I got the tank in and fastened up, despite me literally plugging it in a half hour before hand and seeing it work, and put an el cheapo Oreilly's dynomax muffler on.

did I mention that pos edelbrock is a pos? no? well it is. clearly worn slap out, definite throttle shaft leak, probably needs a kit, it's a ****ing 750 with a manual choke, so its too big and temperamental as **** when it's cold. As soon as I get the parts in that 403 olds qjet I have is going on.
Do you need a tissue?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Spent today cleaning my garage, which of course led to a dozen other projects. Installed screens on the drain pipes from the footer and the gutters. Was concerned animals would climb up them and build a nest and cause them to plug.
20201021_141328.jpg

Installed some roof edge trim on the lean to off the back of the garage that I've had for several months now. Forgot to snap a pic. Moved lots of stuff from the garage to the basement. Three propane heaters, a Rockwell belt sander that's in pieces (another project for me) and a mess of white wire shelving I was given to use for our closets. Installed new axle bushings in a customer's snowblower, made two trips to the dump to get rid of crap. Burnt a bunch cardboard and small scrap wood, fixed the air compressor by replacing the valve block on one cylinder, made a dozen no trespassing signs then installed them on land I hunt a mile down the road. Then hunted for just over an hour to finish the day out.

20201021_141328.jpg
20201021_144356.jpg
IMG_20201021_162623_487.jpg
20201021_174153.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Installed my new self ejecting transmission cooler lines on the way home.
569ED6C9-29A3-4ACB-A761-8CD63E5C1594.jpeg
Thank Christ above I was only a quarter mile from home, managed to get it to 60 before I saw it start to slip and coasted into the driveway in a smoking like a freight train.

Hopefully it isn’t too hurt.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Spent 3 bills having these things undercoated again. So no drag racing for me this weekend. Helps to wash the overspray off ASAP.

IMG_20201023_174554.jpg

As expensive as it is, it beats having them rot away sitting in the drive way.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor