What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Yes, but keep in mind we don’t have nearly half the selection here in Canuckistan that y’all do down there. I haven’t heard one single quality and reasonably priced option presented for us here yet.
Wow, I didn't know that. You don't have O'Reilly or AutoZone, or Advance? We have an Advance AGM in what was Mom's last car and I think the AGM in the Galaxie is from Advance. You can't get Deka up there? The Deka Intimidator was my first choice when I recently replaced the battery in my truck. The little shop over here by the office sells them but they were out of stock and I was on a banana peel so I went and bought a Super Start Platinum from O'Reilly.

Nov 4, 2012
If I had known Joe was going to buy a red top, I would have tried to talk him out of it.

Well now you tell me! Thanks a lot 🤣

I was unaware Optima was no good anymore. Oh well live and learn.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wow, I didn't know that. You don't have O'Reilly or AutoZone, or Advance? We have an Advance AGM in what was Mom's last car and I think the AGM in the Galaxie is from Advance. You can't get Deka up there? The Deka Intimidator was my first choice when I recently replaced the battery in my truck. The little shop over here by the office sells them but they were out of stock and I was on a banana peel so I went and bought a Super Start Platinum from O'Reilly.

Jared, those companies you listed are all American chain stores, and are not here north of the border. The only auto parts chain stores I have local to me here are Auto Value, Bumper to Bumper, NAPA, Parts Source (a division of Canadian Tire), and Lordco.

Out of all of these, Lordco probably has the best selection, but they’re by no means the “be all end all”. Outside of that, the next alternative for batteries is specialty battery stores, and that’s an avenue I’ve not yet investigated. I’ve heard some good things about Deka on here, I’ll have to look into it and see if they’re available locally.

I partially, jokingly, tongue-in-cheek refer to us here in Canada as Canuckistan because in comparison to you guys we might as well be a third world country with what’s available to us. If it wasn’t for the internet and mail order, we literally wouldn’t have access to nearly half the stuff that you guys do.

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Found out it gets 3.9mpg
Nice

Also I think the ford pump is putting out too much psi for the qjet and the float may be a tad high.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Do that thing where you keep making me super jealous.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Dealt with yet another flat tire on the daily
20201101_100354.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor