What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
No joke, I snapped this pic at the end of last December, made a meme of it. Dude was driving a C7. Check the ensemble... View attachment 161784
No joke, I snapped this pic at the end of last December, made a meme of it. Dude was driving a C7. Check the ensemble... View attachment 161784

6774e4ec3638e6611e74b70777ab8f75.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
It ain't new balance's fault they make comfortable shoes!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
LMC exhaust finally came. Got that installed. Despite being glass packs (with a LOT of packing, they weigh like 12lbs), it's still quiet. Imagine a very wheezy FE with a hint of General Lee at WOT. That's what it sounds like. Got that done along with license plate lamps, (might put LED in there, they kinda dim), washer knob, glove box insert, dome light, (bright as a mf), dome light lense, the driver door switch is broken.

Then it decided it didn't want to start. No crank, nothing. I usually just poke the coil-capacitor thing wire and it will crank. That trick finally stopped working so I put on that new coil, connector, cleaned up the bracketry, and what not. Started after that. So, that's what I did today.

Alls I really need to "do" to the truck in order to make it normal is replace all the window felts. even with the windows up at 30mph it feels like I'm doing 90 with how much wind noise there is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Page 442!!!!
It ain't new balance's fault they make comfortable shoes!!!
I think the theory is that they used to be US made like Redwing, not so much anymore. I bought a pair of Carsons (made in Oregon), and wouldn't recommend them to an enemy. My Vans are at least twice as comfortable as these things, and they aren't cheap, either. Very disappointed.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
LMC exhaust finally came. Got that installed. Despite being glass packs (with a LOT of packing, they weigh like 12lbs), it's still quiet. Imagine a very wheezy FE with a hint of General Lee at WOT. That's what it sounds like. Got that done along with license plate lamps, (might put LED in there, they kinda dim), washer knob, glove box insert, dome light, (bright as a mf), dome light lense, the driver door switch is broken.

Then it decided it didn't want to start. No crank, nothing. I usually just poke the coil-capacitor thing wire and it will crank. That trick finally stopped working so I put on that new coil, connector, cleaned up the bracketry, and what not. Started after that. So, that's what I did today.

Alls I really need to "do" to the truck in order to make it normal is replace all the window felts. even with the windows up at 30mph it feels like I'm doing 90 with how much wind noise there is.

Don't leave me hanging, let's see some pictures of that Ferd!

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 6 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
oh also added a fuel pressure reg
and chrome valve stem caps for bling

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Page 442!!!!

I think the theory is that they used to be US made like Redwing, not so much anymore. I bought a pair of Carsons (made in Oregon), and wouldn't recommend them to an enemy. My Vans are at least twice as comfortable as these things, and they aren't cheap, either. Very disappointed.

Oh, I assumed the stereotype was from them being utilitarian and comfy or something. Guess I'm wrong on that one.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor