What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Are those hardwood floors buried in there?
Technically yeah, you know how people loved to cover them up. Personally not a fan of hardwood anyways, plus with having to patch the hole I don't think it would look right

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Technically yeah, you know how people loved to cover them up. Personally not a fan of hardwood anyways, plus with having to patch the hole I don't think it would look right

No, but that and the lathe and plaster reminded of my folks' place back in MI. My aunt and uncle sanded and coated the downstairs hardwood floors there and without patched up holes they do look nice. I'm sure it'll suck in the winter, but they're cheaper and easier to keep nice for renters than carpet.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Talked to Tony Mamo last night about lightening my wallet with a set of his MMS 223 heads and some supporting mods to go with my mid sized cam on my Z06. If I get word I got picked up for this 3 month class next year I'm pulling the trigger. Ported intake will have to wait for my wallet to stop smoldering, but in the meantime the car will be sitting on an easy 440whp worth of parts. 11.4:1 compression, Yella Terra rockers, Johnson lifters, thicker pushrods, my cam, those heads, along with the 1 7/8" longtubes with 3" catless x pipe, 20# less clutch, Hurricane ram air intake, larger air bridge, and smooth coupler that the car already has. Oh yeah, gonna toss an underdrive on when I do the cam too.

Commander notified me I got picked up for this class. I should be the only enlisted guy there so guess I'll be trash b*tch. Full rate per diem is $61/day though, they better not stick me with proportionate rate! That per diem is spoken for in Z06 parts! Plan is to scatter the car as soon as I get there and hopefully have it up and running within a month so I can slide over to Willow Springs and maybe see some of the guys I post with on the interwebs.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
No, but that and the lathe and plaster reminded of my folks' place back in MI. My aunt and uncle sanded and coated the downstairs hardwood floors there and without patched up holes they do look nice. I'm sure it'll suck in the winter, but they're cheaper and easier to keep nice for renters than carpet.
Yeah you are right, but I am just gonna put some sheathing down since I got a bunch laying around anyways and have some of the original laminates that I am hoping to cover it all back up and match for FFRRREEEEEEE. But we all know that won't work so we will see how it goes

Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Installed the intake today dry fit the timing cover and oil pan

Attachments

• 4B70F043-037C-44B2-A000-ED40CE272E64.jpeg
    4B70F043-037C-44B2-A000-ED40CE272E64.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • D8C96AA8-5BCE-48EF-8682-10748B5E636E.jpeg
    D8C96AA8-5BCE-48EF-8682-10748B5E636E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
People are like 'old carz r so big'
But drive schlong bed ext cab half tons without a second thought

Had a rental f150 for a work trip and gave parking it in the garage a shot. ehm no.

Pros- aluminum body, coyote with a 10 speed and controls are the same as the wifes fusion so it's familiar
Cons- rides like a lumber wagon, more harsh than my wasted 265k mile rainier suspension over dumps, hard to get into without running boards, can't fit into my garage. They definitely didn't design garages in the 50's for 21 foot long pickups.

I'd give a shot driving a medium bed ext cab 5.0 to see if the ride is better (I think this is a HD f150 so it's probably got heavy springs and a bit more ride height) but I think I'm stuck with a tahoe/yukon if I want a full frame v8 RWD based thing that fits in my garage.
1605590042654.png

1605590070109.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Had a rental f150 for a work trip and gave parking it in the garage a shot. ehm no.

Pros- aluminum body, coyote with a 10 speed and controls are the same as the wifes fusion so it's familiar
Cons- rides like a lumber wagon, more harsh than my wasted 265k mile rainier suspension over dumps, hard to get into without running boards, can't fit into my garage. They definitely didn't design garages in the 50's for 21 foot long pickups.

I'd give a shot driving a medium bed ext cab 5.0 to see if the ride is better (I think this is a HD f150 so it's probably got heavy springs and a bit more ride height) but I think I'm stuck with a tahoe/yukon if I want a full frame v8 RWD based thing that fits in my garage.
View attachment 162138
View attachment 162139

I don't care how good it is or could be... Ford's door chime is enough for me never to consider one of their products.

Also, it's a Ford. Ewwww...

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012

View attachment 162138
View attachment 162139

My super cab 8 foot bed sticks out of the garage about the same amount. That's a nicely optioned truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor