Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I got a brand new 4000 watt generator ready, in case we get power outages over the winter. I've never had a generator before, so I am debating whether to purchase a transfer box to install. When power outages occur here, they generally do not last very long, but flipping a simple switch and starting the generator will be much easier than disconnecting the dryer vent and stringing extension cords through the opening.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Finally got some work started on the Blazer but did not get very far since I need to debate on if I want to flush mount them like I had planned or if I should mount them to the core support like they are here since I like the way that looks
View attachment 164926 View attachment 164927 View attachment 164928 View attachment 164929 View attachment 164930
1608560602885.png

My first thought......

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Started my planned 'holiday' activities. Going to use the next 2wks to get my '99 3/4 ton CC short-bed updated to my spec.

The bad:
*Previous owner/s had some sort of aftermarket hitch welded in under the rear that they apparently wanted to keep. Their removal process was only partial & left material & hardware on the frame that prevented installation of a new hitch.
*Spare tire winch set-up was broke & wouldn't let the spare down to access under the bed.
*Front suspension has a death wobble.

The GOOD:
*New Curt Class IV modular hitch for install. Going to try making it a 'hidden hitch' tucked out of sight.
*5/7 drop w/all new Moog 'Problem Solver' front suspension pieces, Bell Tech drop spindles/flip-kit/C-sections + additional home built reinforcements.
*Revised exhaust to clear the rear drop.
*Updated rolling stock for a 'Scot-BILT' look.

Attachments

• 20170624_132837.png
    20170624_132837.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201220_164738.jpg
    20201220_164738.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 20201220_164747.jpg
    20201220_164747.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20201220_164757.jpg
    20201220_164757.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20201220_170052.jpg
    20201220_170052.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: 6 users

86CUT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2020
Started my planned 'holiday' activities. Going to use the next 2wks to get my '99 3/4 ton CC short-bed updated to my spec.

The bad:
*Previous owner/s had some sort of aftermarket hitch welded in under the rear that they apparently wanted to keep. Their removal process was only partial & left material & hardware on the frame that prevented installation of a new hitch.
*Spare tire winch set-up was broke & wouldn't let the spare down to access under the bed.

The GOOD:
*New Curt Class IV modular hitch for install. Going to try making it a 'hidden hitch' tucked out of sight.
*5/7 drop w/all new Moog 'Problem Solver' front suspension pieces, Bell Tech drop spindles/flip-kit/C-sections + additional home built reinforcements.
Very cool build

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

The bad:

The GOOD:

I see your white paint sticks like mine.

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Got almost half the garage in insulation today, the workshop area and some of the middle stall. Still a bunch to go. No fun at all! Had to move two (so far) of the 8' fluorescent lights over so the wiring would be out of the center of the bays so the insulation would go into place better. It's lousy work and time consuming as all get out. Got pulled off the job a few times for errands and an inspection with the local Fire Dept. Got to take my wife into Boston tomorrow morning for business, but may get back at it in the afternoon if I can muster the interest, not looking forward to working around the garage door openers.

Excuse the mess, need to clean up the work bench. When this project is done the walls will be closed in with plywood (on the fence about wasting the time, effort and money to close in the ceiling) and some new shelving all over to tidy up the place. Really need to discard a bunch of stuff that will probably never be used again too.

Eventually the Oldsmobile will be sitting across the workshop and middle stall so that there will be ample room to walk around and work on the body. My wife's Impala will be moved to the third stall for that duration when the time comes.

IMG_1443.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor