What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Replaced an alternator and tensioner on a friends '12 Explorer. What a PITA. You can see the radiator fans had to come out, the thing is buried in there. Then to top it off, they give you the 3/8" square in the tensioner to move it in order to install the belt. Great, but once the belt is installed there is a clamp on the frame in the way to remove the ratchet from the tensioner. WTF.... I hate Fords

20201230_115129.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I didn't come up w/the name-tag. That's how the GM truck masses refer to the GMT400 chassis trucks. It makes a difference as I own 2 different trucks that are between body style changes since they're crew cabs (crew-cabs, Suburbans, Blazers, & vans don't have sheet-metal changes as quickly as the base model trucks when they roll out the newest line-up). They usually change these models 2-3yrs later once the production kinks are worked out. My '89 CC dually is still a Squarebody & my '99 CC is still the OBS/GMT400 platform vs. the new for '99 GMT800 model.

I know Ford does a similar deal but I'm not familiar w/the year cut-offs.

Don't forget about NNBS and NNNBS.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Replaced the PCV valve and PCV hose on the Subaru. Its got a hair over 90k miles on it and it's been drinking oil more than I'd like to see. It's had full synthetic 0w20 every 6000 miles since day one. I don't expect much from the PCV valve as it wasn't really stuck, but it won't hurt anything either. The rubber hose cracked upon disassembly so I replaced it too.

IMG_20201229_114423220_copy_1603x1202.jpg

IMG_20201229_114630753_copy_1603x1202.jpg

IMG_20201229_115526537_copy_1603x2137.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Need a head check from you guys, am I crazy to think that something listed on eBay that in multiple places in the listing as "Sequential" and later as "motion flow signals" should be as such? They were saying it was mislisted but that I can return what I got and purchase one of their other listings that is another $20 to get the correct one, they say their supplier will not allow them to exchange it for one of the other 3 they have. Am I wrong here to expect them to make it right?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Need a head check from you guys, am I crazy to think that something listed on eBay that in multiple places in the listing as "Sequential" and later as "motion flow signals" should be as such? They were saying it was mislisted but that I can return what I got and purchase one of their other listings that is another $20 to get the correct one, they say their supplier will not allow them to exchange it for one of the other 3 they have. Am I wrong here to expect them to make it right?
Just start a complaint with Ebay about about it since they want to charge $20 just to get what you thought you paid for originally. False advertising is false advetrising. They know they are in the wrong but they hope you're too lazy to fight it.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Just start a complaint with Ebay about about it since they want to charge $20 just to get what you thought you paid for originally. False advertising is false advetrising. They know they are in the wrong but they hope you're too lazy to fight it.
That's the problem, I am guessing it is another "COVID" issue but I can't find a way to have Ebay call you anymore. Only option it gives is to file for a return

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Google them for the 800 number. I've done it in the past year. Customer service: 1 (866) 540-3229
Yeah I had done that yesterday as well but the number I got just gave me a recording, by putting in a different option than what I really wanted it gave me an option to have them call me. But a total shocker they say they totally agree with me, but cannot force them to do anything. Only initiate a return which he understood would be giving me the short end of the stick, his suggestion was to return it and not work with him. But I explained I tried that and unfortunately he has the only listing that will work for what I need. Got me between a rock and a hard place, I should be lazy and just do the turn signals like I did in the Monte but wanted to try something even better with this.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Replaced the PCV valve and PCV hose on the Subaru. Its got a hair over 90k miles on it and it's been drinking oil more than I'd like to see. It's had full synthetic 0w20 every 6000 miles since day one. I don't expect much from the PCV valve as it wasn't really stuck, but it won't hurt anything either. The rubber hose cracked upon disassembly so I replaced it too.

View attachment 165524
View attachment 165525
View attachment 165523
Is your car eligible for the oil consumption recall? Subaru was replacing shortblocks at one time.

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Is your car eligible for the oil consumption recall? Subaru was replacing shortblocks at one time.

Unfortunately not. This one is a '15, and the TSB/recall covered '11-14 on the Outback. I'm not convinced the issue was addressed.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor