What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
That is good. I did a little research about roosters back when I had a free one. Some roosters are more aggressive than others and there isn't really anything you can do to prevent or change an human aggressive rooster.

Yeah I tried to make it work but you can't change nature. Originally I bought straight runs and wound up with all roosters, so I gave away all but one and bought 4 sexed pullets. Up until the past couple weeks he'd been fine but then he started getting aggressive and causing chaos in the coop. I have hawks so I can't free range them which adds to the stress. I think it'll just be a lot easier and calmer to have all hens for now. I'll be able to switch to regular layer feed and skip the oyster shell.

I will miss his crowing. My neighbors won't.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Yeah I tried to make it work but you can't change nature. Originally I bought straight runs and wound up with all roosters, so I gave away all but one and bought 4 sexed pullets. Up until the past couple weeks he'd been fine but then he started getting aggressive and causing chaos in the coop. I have hawks so I can't free range them which adds to the stress. I think it'll just be a lot easier and calmer to have all hens for now. I'll be able to switch to regular layer feed and skip the oyster shell.

I will miss his crowing. My neighbors won't.

I read roosters generally do not exhibit human aggressive behaviors until they mature. Not all roosters are human aggressive, its a result from breeding for c*ck fighting. Hens can be aggressive to humans too, especially if a hen turns into a trans rooster which sometimes happens in roosterless flocks.

Lost my rooster last Nov to a hawk.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Hot rod everything. Put some AN fittings on the fuel line to the furnace and water heater.... Too bad the f-ing, junk@$$, Chinese tubing adapters still leak. GRRRRRRR.
20200217_122609.jpg

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I got the joy of tearing into my new Grand Cherokee and seeing what all it has going on. It's kind of a hot mess. It is pretty obvious that this thing hasn't been loved in a long time. I have water leaking in from the sunroof, spongy brakes, rear windows that barely move, broken welds on the drivers seat, and a track bar bushing that is so clapped out that when I turn the wheel the axle will shift sideways over an inch before any movement of the tires happens.

I've been nibbling at the low hanging problems as time allows, but eventually I am going to have to blow some coin at Rockauto and some more at a U-Pull yard.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think I will change my screen name to I HATE JEEPS! Anyway today I discovered another wire that goes to the PCM. It is the black/white stripe A-6 wire from the range selector that tells the PCM it is in P/N and it is OK for the EXT idle to operate. By grounding that wire I can get the EXT 1000rpm idle IN GEAR! But then the starter will start in any gear too so that won't work. So I figured out what I need. I have to get an SPDT ON/ON switch so I can enable the EXT idle while at the same time disconnecting the range selector wire. That way I can bump up the idle to 1000rpm in gear with no starter safety issues in one position, and go back to normal in the other position. It may seem stupid but this is Holy Grail among Jeepsters. They figured out how to use the police-package-only EXT idle- but not in gear. Bouncing along a trail in low gear you really want that idle up a bit when your foot keeps slipping off the pedal. This is big news to them.
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4947.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
FINALLY got the Camaro home.

IMG_20200217_195530.jpg

Been battling with camber and toe on the rear axle but finally got what I wanted out of it. Had to use a heat shield to tweak it on the car.

IMG_20200217_111030.jpg

Seems metal only shrinks so much? I think a metallurgy rundown would have been a huge help going into this. Was definitely a learning experience and I bet I could do the next in a single afternoon. My freshly rebuilt trans felt pretty good, especially when you figure it's in the 20s outside. Next I need to replace the caliper mount mount (?) and shim the caliper mounts as necessary because those axle tubes aren't as long as they came from GM in 1993.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor