What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
My replacement intercooler tube showed up... my air compressor shall ride again!

Reactions: 4 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
They were a bit soft on torque and only got 3.27s from the factory. A sweet car nonetheless.

They had a 3.55 option for the cop packages. Ford performance sells even steeper rear gear ratio kits. As for tuning, the Panther guys like a shop called Mo's who specializes in tuning CVPIs. Aftermarket plenums for 4.6 Mustangs can be adapted onto Crown Vics, even with DBW. Larger DBW throttle bodies from Ford vans or trucks can also be adapted onto Crown Vics by redrilling the bolt holes. There are also aftermarket direct fit DBW TBs for Panthers. Cams are really expensive for 4.6s. They do make headers for Panthers but again are very expensive. CVPIs don't like CAI kits. 4.6 Mustang superchargers will fit in Crown Vics, but I do not plan on anything radical like that. A very minor but free upgrade is to cut the air vanes off of the throttle body gasket for a little better response.

So just an air vane delete and J-mod are what I plan for my CVPI for the time being. If a used aftermarket plenum pops up cheap, I might do that too.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I loved those things. If I ever get my Regal 'done' a CVPI/Marauder clone would be a fun project. So would a 9C1 Caprice/Impala SS clone.

There are some nice CVPIs around, best to look for ones that were eiither Federal or municipal. Avoid retired city police cars as those get really beat on. Its not easy to upgrade a normal Panther to P71 specs as some of the differences are in the tuning.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice day. I painted the valve cover, installed the water pump, swapped stainless bolts for the original exhaust manifold flange ones, cut off a corroded U-clamp so I could push the entire exhaust system forward 3/4", replaced the clamp, and found that in my hundreds of stainless bolts I don't have any 5/16" for the head pipe flange.
IMG_4906.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I loved those things. If I ever get my Regal 'done' a CVPI/Marauder clone would be a fun project. So would a 9C1 Caprice/Impala SS clone.

Here is Jr. running his 2010 CVPI through the maneuverability course while practicing for his driver's test. The Marauder-ish looking wheels came courtesy of a Dodge Charger. It's currently running the Cop Spec steely wheels for the winter.
IMG_20190825_171131426.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
Began working on the Cub Cadet to clean it and do a general assessment of it's overall condition. There was a lot of grease and crud built up on the lower parts of the engine and it's air cooled so that's no bueno. The only way to remove the blower housing is to remove the engine. So I undid all the wiring, pulled the starter, the driveshaft, the linkage for the carb, the muffler and a few other things and then heaved it out. I could've used the hoist but the engine itself isn't all that heavy. Then I got it scrubbed down and decided I better deck the cooling fins on the hydraulic pump too. So I pulled the seat off and pretty much the same deal. Lots of oily, grassy, muddy, goo. I was not pulling the transaxle out so I used the pressure washer to clean it. Now I've got it cleaned up, there are some leaking o-rings and oil seals that need replaced but really nothing horrible.

My dad walked through the garage while I was putting the tools away and said "You haven't had this f***ing thing a week and you got the engine out of it and the rest blown apart!"

Lmao 😁

20200111_114058.jpg
20200111_152211.jpg
20200111_155502.jpg
20200111_152249.jpg
20200111_125353.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Your dad took the words right out of my mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Motorcycle got a new rear tire put on today. It was well overdue, but it is hard to find rubber that doesn't totally suck on gravel. If this tire doesn't work out, the bike may get darksided next time.
IMG_20200111_182459.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor