What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have been making a new folding hatch for the fish well on the Whaler. The plywood one suffered greatly so this time I used mahogany. Those hinges are 40 years old made-in-USA Perko chrome plated bronze. Still good as new and I could not afford them today! .
IMG_4966.JPG

Reactions: 11 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
shortly before I left my mom's in NM I replaced her driver's side mirror. surprisingly easy. couple bolts, few trim pieces, pop the door panel off, voila. local junkyard even had one the right color too.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I bought a new one!
20200322_122138.jpg
It is pretty clean for a Iowa car with 150000 on it. This will be my daily beater soon. My wife does not understand why I want an older grandpa car. This is why.
20200322_133249.jpg
The thing runs and drives perfect. Have I said before how much I like boosted six cylinders? Found out it will lay two black stripes about 30 foot long today. Not bad for a grandpa mobile. I will probably put a ZZP stage one kit on it later. If end up wrecking the car? I wanted the engine anyways. If any of you junkyard hunters come across one of these cars I am looking for a couple things. Top plate with cup holders.
20200322_133352.jpg
And back speaker grills.
20200322_133330.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 11 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Did brakes, rotors, calibers, and hoses on the back of daily 06 fusion. Pretty simple until I got to the hoses and couldn’t find my 13 mm line wrench. Had to run and buy one. Other than that is went smoothly.

Reactions: 1 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
recovery mode here. Neighbor at work called at 7 monday morning to say the cabinet doors were open on both work trucks......

someone cut the locks off mine to get to the cabinets and took all my shitty old corded tools, and chineseium wrenches I keep in there. I happened to have my scrapyard toolbox in there too with a rail of shallow and deep Snap On stuffs that they took. They pryed the doors open on the other truck with a crowbar and cleaned out the cordless grinder, impact guns and sawsall We cleaned up the mess as I was now late to get to the jobsite. As I started the truck so we could reload some tools in there it was really loud. Bastards cut my cat off as well.

I got footage of them from another neighbor. 23 minutes they spent between the 2 trucks starting just after midnight. First time in a long time for me

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Nov 4, 2012
I bought a new one! View attachment 139914 It is pretty clean for a Iowa car with 150000 on it. This will be my daily beater soon. My wife does not understand why I want an older grandpa car. This is why. View attachment 139915 The thing runs and drives perfect. Have I said before how much I like boosted six cylinders? Found out it will lay two black stripes about 30 foot long today. Not bad for a grandpa mobile. I will probably put a ZZP stage one kit on it later. If end up wrecking the car? I wanted the engine anyways. If any of you junkyard hunters come across one of these cars I am looking for a couple things. Top plate with cup holders. View attachment 139921 And back speaker grills. View attachment 139922

Those are sweet cars. I'd love to have one as daily. A buddy of mine had one in the exact same colors, just a lot more rusty but it ruled the flashlight drags.

Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Ordered a set of Vision D window wheels for my Tahoe. I don't particularly like them but for $70 a copy they are a cheap upgrade from the nasty stock wheels on it now. The 3rd member was leaking and I started removing the cover last night. The top 2 bolts were proving difficult to remove so I WD40 them and called it a night and would finish in the morning. It is almost noon and I haven't gone out of the house yet. I'll get on it in a minute. Painted the new cover with Hot Rod Black. 51J8ovD8z9L._AC_SY400_.jpg IMG_20200323_211840.jpg IMG_20200323_211900.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
recovery mode here. Neighbor at work called at 7 monday morning to say the cabinet doors were open on both work trucks......

someone cut the locks off mine to get to the cabinets and took all my shitty old corded tools, and chineseium wrenches I keep in there. I happened to have my scrapyard toolbox in there too with a rail of shallow and deep Snap On stuffs that they took. They pryed the doors open on the other truck with a crowbar and cleaned out the cordless grinder, impact guns and sawsall We cleaned up the mess as I was now late to get to the jobsite. As I started the truck so we could reload some tools in there it was really loud. Bastards cut my cat off as well.

I got footage of them from another neighbor. 23 minutes they spent between the 2 trucks starting just after midnight. First time in a long time for me

I hope the video helps to identify the punks

• Agree

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
unfortunately no. Too dark and about 30 yards away. All we can make out is 2 guys in a car. No interior lights. They roll up, shut it off. One guy heads north in the parking lot, the other heads south. You see a flashlight under the Diesel truck checking for a cat ( there is none ). Then 2 minutes later you hear the sawsall as he's cutting mine off. Minute 8 you can see the guy who headed north now faintly at the back of my truck cutting the locks ( guess he walked all way round the building ). Around minute 18 my son asked why they were going back and forth from the side of my truck ? To which I replied " there is a lot of stuff to carry !! So they have to make multiple trips ". Then out comes a 3 foot prybar and they pry the doors on the Diesel truck. Minute 23 the headlights come back on in their car and they are off. Looks like a mid 2000's camry by the wrap around tailights. Pretty sure they knew where the security cameras were.

Talking to the coffee truck driver he has been hearing on his route of plenty of vehicle break ins, and cats stolen. According to him they hit the body shop up the road too and cleaned the cats out of all the trucks.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor