Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Removed the tractor's PTO gear off its shaft and its pretty bad. The sheared woodruff key chewed up the shaft and inside of the gear, both parts are ruined. Going to have to replace both. Lucky for me, they still make new PTO shafts for 72 year old tractors. However, they do not still make the gears so I need to find a good used one. That is besides new seals and bearings.

Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
ordered some gm parts for my 2018 regal, ordered mud flaps and fog light retrofit got the bezels, housings i have to find a headlight switch for fogs and see what pin sends power to a relay so i can take a universal fog light harness and make it work factory. next i want to order the ring wing off a gs. considering getting the car wrapped before i got on a road trip later this year.

Reactions: 1 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I picked up a new/used rider a month ago to replace an old John Deere rear engine rider. It's an LT133 John Deere with a 13HP Kohler Command single cylinder. Bought it as a non-runner for just about nothing and after a new coil, carb rebuild, two new front tires, sharpen blades and a complete service she's purring like a kitten. All told, it's ready to mow for $295 including the purchase price. Just need to fix a crack in the hood and give it a thorough cleaning from stem to stern.
V14ljaiCSpuvyJW+fMN97w.jpg zyEyeWOXQVeDII0Ru9pYlw.jpg

Also did a bunch of maintenance on my daily driver, it's a 175,000 mile 08' Trailblazer. While rotating tires I found the rear upper 4-link bar broke again, opposite end. Took it off and welded it back together this morning and it'lll last for another year until I update to a Colorado/Canyon. Still have a few more bugs to work out, got an e-vap code to try and track down and a rear wheel speed sensor to replace. The truck runs great, just trying to keep her going for little while longer to get out ahead of some bills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
What weather!! 65 degrees and dry so I got it all put back together. New "O" rings on the injectors. New gasket on throttle body. New thermostat. One stinking broken bolt held me up. It was one of the fan shroud bolts broken off in the clip nut. I forced the clip nut off but I could not get the broken shaft out until I heated it with a torch and plunged it into oil. Even that took three attempts holding it with vice-grips while I heated it to cherry red. Then I had to match the bolt. It was 5mm about an inch long and all I had were short ones . So I scrounged one the perfect length but the wrong thread. I ran that bolt through a 5mm die and cut new threads on it. That did the trick. Fan shroud now secured. By then it got dark so maybe tomorrow we test and fire it up. Maybe.
IMG_4910.JPG

• Creative
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Nov 4, 2012
There are some nice CVPIs around, best to look for ones that were eiither Federal or municipal. Avoid retired city police cars as those get really beat on. Its not easy to upgrade a normal Panther to P71 specs as some of the differences are in the tuning.

Yeah, I'd like to find one that doesn't have a bunch of holes drilled in it. I know the 2003 and later CVPIs are the ones to get. They used to be cop wannabe cars and I always avoided them because of that stigma but now that virtually every police department has been running Explorers for several years they seem to have distanced themselves from that.

Reactions: 1 user

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
The one we have now was an actual municipal unit. But I had another about 15 years ago that was a campus security patrol car for a local hospital. Talk about a cushy life. But that one was what gave me the idea that a CVPI would be a good car for Jr's first car.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Mine is a ex National Park Service car. It has the normal carpet option instead of the usual rubber floor. There are still a lot of in service CVPIs in my area. Even saw one in service CVPI done up to look retired, it had more body plugs than my car, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor