Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Pics or it didn't happen!
Picture for the non-believers.

IMG_20200401_114256.jpg

I actually did the coil and wires on a different day, but apparently it requires a 6v coil with resistor instead of a 12v coil. It's a 12v tractor, so it threw me for a loop.

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Redid the raceway for the Jr. Mechanic this afternoon with classic German race track. Now I'll have to teach him how to say "Meine Herren starten Ihre Motoren" to start each race.
20200401_153047.jpg
20200401_153059.jpg
20200401_153120.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 11 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
This is my non G project... this truck is completely tore apart, bought it as a failed project. Father and son project that never went anywhere been sitting for 15 yrs. It is a clean AZ truck.. just trying to figure it out. So far it’s been a fairly easy beside I’m missing a lot of the small parts unfortunately..
Nice truck. There's getting to be quite a few square body trucks on here

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Drove the HellKitty and changed the wheels on the Mrs.' Colorado back to the Summers.

Reactions: 6 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I put my daughter's Malibu back together, after a thorough soaking with a garden hose the driver side floor was dry so I think I have that problem solved.

Also installed the new Curt trailer hitch, trailer wiring harness and mud guards on my new Colorado. The wiring harness pokes out of the factory hole in the rear bumper, no mods needed. Just attached the plug and pigtails to the wires tied off in the frame. Pretty easy to do with the spare tire out and the truck up as high as possible.

IMG_0586.jpeg

Shiny new hitch installed. Really like how the chain eyes are vertical, set back( on this model hitch ) and out of the way of the cross pin for the ball mount.

IMG_0592.jpeg

I took the afternoon off, sat on the couch and watched Hunt For Red October. One of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I put my daughter's Malibu back together, after a thorough soaking with a garden hose the driver side floor was dry so I think I have that problem solved.

Also installed the new Curt trailer hitch, trailer wiring harness and mud guards on my new Colorado. I took the afternoon off, sat on the couch and watched Hunt For Red October, one of my all time favorites.
In my best Sean Connery voice..."Some things in here don't react well to bullets"

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
We started building free raised garden beds, particularly for patios/balconies at my parents apartment complex - priority to elderly who'd like one.

Taking pallets and prying off middle board from top and bottom, then cutting in half. Renailing pried off boards to the tops at the edge of cut to make half width pallets. Then taking stacks of old 1x10s and 1x12s I had from old shelving. Using 2x2 spindles inside corners, leaving several inches to either add depth for those who want deeper root crop (potato?) or give attachment points to install an arch for climbing crop (beans?) or netting if they had pest issues. Inside lines with plastic drop cloth for heat water retention while felt weed barrier over slits in bottom let's excess water drain out bottom of pallet with excess rain, overwatering to prevent root rot.

No real cost, and, labor is free with time to waste. Plenty of scrap wood here to make em as seen in the bed.

20200402_201758.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Also installed the new Curt trailer hitch, trailer wiring harness and mud guards on my new Colorado. The wiring harness pokes out of the factory hole in the rear bumper, no mods needed. Just attached the plug and pigtails to the wires tied off in the frame. Pretty easy to do with the spare tire out and the truck up as high as possible.

View attachment 141068

Shiny new hitch installed. Really like how the chain eyes are vertical, set back( on this model hitch ) and out of the way of the cross pin for the ball mount.

View attachment 141067

I took the afternoon off, sat on the couch and watched Hunt For Red October. One of my all time favorites.

Welcome to club Colorado!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor